Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just received PSE Brute Force Lite as my Christmas present this year (to myself) to use for hunting this year. I have been interested in archery for a long time but I never had a bow or forked up the money to get one until now. Upon finally purchasing I took it out back and found out i had a lot of practicing to do especially with the ~70# draw. I got through a good 20 arrows and was winded by the end of that set so I decided to check out videos on proper form. I learned about using your back instead of your shoulders, arms, etc. to draw so I decided to hook in (without an arrow) and draw back. Not sure if I grazed the trigger but half way through a much easier draw using my back, the cable was released and parts go flying. I took the bow to a tech and he said the bow was fine but the I needed new cams and a string. He suggested I shop around for decent prices on both cams and a new string and bring it to him when I have those. Needless to say my experience with my first bow has been a rollercoaster but excited to eventually get my bow fixed and learn from the community here on how not to do this in the future :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did you take the bow to a tech at a big box store like Cabelas or Bass pro, or did you take it to an Archery pro shop? I don't trust the techs at the big box stores and my concern is that you have cracked limbs or limb pockets after dry firing and derailing. Which means more than just new cams and strings. Shooting a bow with cracked limbs can be very dangerous. PS...NEVER draw a bow without an arrow in it. :) I'm sure you've figured that out by now. Some releases come with safety pins (Stanislawski for instance) so you can't fire them. You can also get a no-fire wrist strap that will allow you to draw and let down without the danger of setting off your bow ans shooting through your house.

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Arizona.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a bow I would like to post for sale on here. But I do not know how to post it. I am new to this site. It is a Pse brute force. Thank you

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have a bow I would like to post for sale on here. But I do not know how to post it. I am new to this site. It is a Pse brute force. Thank you
You need to go to the classifieds section and post it under bows for sale but first you have to reach a minimum number of post before you can sell stuff. Poke around, add to threads, ask questions and you will get there.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Welcome to AT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts