Archery Talk Forum banner

New archery book ...

1244 Views 22 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Mr. Black Magic
Gents (and ladies) -

There's a new archery book on thr market that seems to fill a void between the die-hard trad types and the target guys.

Think you might find it interesting ... :eek:

You can find more information about it at shootingthestickbow.com

:D

Viper1 out.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
22,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jack/Suprv -

Think you'll like it, and thanks.

Viper1 out.

· In 'Da Head
24,270 Posts
It's always good to hear about a fellow AT'er inventing a new product, starting a company or writing a book:archery:
Congrats and looking forward to the reviews....I wish you the best in this endeavor:thumb:

· Registered
2,175 Posts
Tony - I was actually just kidding when I told you "maybe you should write a book" I didn't think you would take it literally. I'm looking forward to the section deticated to 3D shooting.

Congrats

when do I get my free copy?

· Registered
11,287 Posts
Congrads Tony! I hope it does well for ya!

Gotta question though...what's Classical Archery? I thought there was only Primitive, Traditonal and Modern. Now I have to memorize another catagory :confused::wink: Just kiddin'.

Look forward to reading it.

Ray ;)

· Registered
164 Posts
"One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions."

At least I have an accurate measurement of one person's character, envy, resentment and depth of insecurity.

Tony,

Congrats and I think the sales alone will be the quantification of your success. I ordered one and look forward to receiving it.

· Registered
22,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guys -

Thanks for the support. :) Most of the stuff in the book is or was pretty mainstream and I know there will be thigs in there that folks will disagree with and that's fine. Hopefully, it will give people options on some stuff they might not have thought of, otherwise.

...and yes, it's been proofed for spelling and typos by a number of people :embara:.

Thanks again!!!

Tony

· Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Ghost, if you have something to say to me, don't be scared--just say it. If it's against forum rules, just pm me. I can send you my phone number if you want. I'm sure I can take it.

In case you just didn't get it, I thought rraming's statement was hilarious considering how much the author has bashed what has been the most popular archery sport in the US for the past 15-20 years (3-D), and the one thing that's kept the sport alive and thriving other than hunting.

Hope you enjoy the book (don't be dissapointed if there's no section on 3-D).

Chad

· In 'Da Head
24,270 Posts
Easy does it fellas...I also thought the comment on the chapter on 3D was funny and not meant to be offensive (just a little ribbing) and I get along quite well with the thread starter/author.

· Registered
4,127 Posts
rules

Sorry guys but rule 9 here states all commercial threads should be in the commercial area... rules are rules ... promotion of any kind when monies are involved are of a commercial endeavor.... Thread should be closed and removed... Especially when author starts thread..

· Registered
22,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
roddog -

Thanks buddy. It took about 4 years to do and the response so far has been overwhelming. I think (hope) it should really help.

Viper1 out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.