Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Amen to the "why do we need another" question. There are already how many of these sites out there?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I checked through Google and Yahoo and they don't find your new site??????

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
wow, that looks familiar!! seems like someone is trying to imitate the best, ARCHERYTALK.com!!:D ill stick w/ at all the way. who is putting that site together?? easton94

·
Occam's Razor
8,335 Posts
Gee, why all the animosity toward another archery site......:confused:

Brad.........Didn't you just post a big thread on how to expand the sport of archery, would not another site on the internet help that cause and not hinder it?.......;)

Why another site? Bet more than a few wanted to know why Archery Talk.com was needed, as AIN was real big at that time...........:( ......Many from here came from there including GRIV, in fact, that's where his "handle" came from if I remember correctly.

As for the look, it's the software, all the "boards" have the same look..........rather common I think........:D .......Let's see, did AT look like AIN.......:cool: .......yea, I think so............:)

Is this a great site? Of course. Might some competition be good? Always....:D ...................ck

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
good post ck, point well taken!! ill have to keep an eye on it, but this is home base for me!!;) easton94

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
only one sight for me...... ArcheryTalk.com

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
????

Can anybody post a link? I can't seem to find it..................PUG

·
Registered
599 Posts
the worst problem with this site is that they dont except free e mail even if your name is in it!!!!!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I saw the words "new archerytalk site" This is the one and only archerytalk. hmm, manufacturer section, general archery section. Looks alot like AT to me. IMO there is no need for another site like this. Why have to fish around several sites when you can use just one? I just don't see the point of having 2 of the same thing. Archerytalk has nearly the same amount of numbers the NAA has. AT is getting HUGE and I think it is at the point where any competition can not come close. Archerytalk is our home and I think thats where most of us will stay. Many of us have gained MANY new friends and gathered new relationships here. Only thing AT is missing is more topics on the Olympic bow style of archery.

If you ask a question here and there you will most likely get the same answer on each since most people will subscribe to each. I just don't see the point. Plus you will not get more responses or quicker responses anywhere else.

Without archerytalk I would have not done MANY things this year, most of all purchase the correct Martin bow. (thanks GRIV and Jim) this site has made it easier to be able to travel to tournaments with people commenting on good hotels to stay at or even getting a roomie or someone to travel with to split the cost. Where else can you get almost up to the minute scores on major shoots?

CK, I am not wishing anything bad on the new site. Anything for archery is GREAT. However all another archerytalk site is going to do is expand the time you look through threads. You have EVERYTHING you can imagine here to promote archery, you can talk about anything you want. I don't think another message board will help archery any more than AT does on its own. I have no clue what AIN is so I can't compare anything to that. I think part of the reason the Vegas shoot had its highest numbers ever was all the great talk about it on here giving everyone the urge to go. I know from this site I definately want to go to Redding.

FACE IT! Archery Talk is the BEST and ALWAYS will be!!!!!!!!!!!:p I just don't think any other site will be able to do and be able to provide the same things archerytalk does. And you can not get much better than private messaging and an archery chat room :)

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I......

Have one thing to say.......

There is no place like home.;) ..............................PUG

·
Registered
745 Posts
Site looks nice. I don't see anything wrong with another website. If it can support it's self more power to them. Anything to spread the world of archery is fine with me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
cool site

as a new member o this one well it took 48 hours before i could even post anything ,over there I posted real quick!!!I dont see the bashing,argueing,bickering...ths site is excellent for researching but after 48 hours awaiting to post I feel like you must have to shoot a few 300's to be excepted here,Iam sure alot of folks will feel the same way,the advantge of this site is the classifieds and did I mention the research options...other than that the folks that run this site make you wait to long

·
Registered
336 Posts
Re: cool site

HARLEYHUNTER said:
as a new member o this one well it took 48 hours before i could even post anything ,over there I posted real quick!!!I dont see the bashing,argueing,bickering...ths site is excellent for researching but after 48 hours awaiting to post I feel like you must have to shoot a few 300's to be excepted here,Iam sure alot of folks will feel the same way,the advantge of this site is the classifieds and did I mention the research options...other than that the folks that run this site make you wait to long
I wouldn't say that harley...There are a few dummys here but there's one or two in every crowd. The rest of them (what was last count? 5000 +??) have been very decent, good folks...

I sure don't shoot 300's and I am even from Canada...and if they treat a Cannuck well, then they must be ok.....Right? heh heh heh...Welcome to Archery talk!

Oh and for the rest of you guys...check out archerybuzz's newest member......http://www.archerybuzz.com/dcforum/DCForumID13/4.html :rolleyes: :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts