Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
If youre going to shoot fita then X7 2315 and if youre going to shoot NFAA then X7 2613 and leave them long with heavy tips, how long and heavy youll have to work out but should be good enough, ive seen people shoot near 300 fita with arrows that the bow wasnt even tuned for so the slight overspine is OK

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Tannker is right in going for diameter. I chose to go with Gold Tip though. They make an X-Cutter that is a 25/64 OD and the 22 series which are 22/64. I was planning on shooting the X-7's until i shot the X-Cutters. They are a very nice arrow, i have had no problems with them and they fly really well for me at both 47lbs and 54lbs.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Tankker said:
If youre going to shoot fita then X7 2315 and if youre going to shoot NFAA then X7 2613 and leave them long with heavy tips, how long and heavy youll have to work out but should be good enough, ive seen people shoot near 300 fita with arrows that the bow wasnt even tuned for so the slight overspine is OK
I was at a shoot one time and was told a story about a top shooter. Someone told him that his arrows were dancing all over the place in flight. He looked at the target and than said, yea but until they start giving me points for "pretty arrow flight" I only care how they look on the target. He shot a 300 with high "X" count on the Vegas style 3 spot.

Good luck and shoot straight (well at least consistent).;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Target Guy said:
Tannker is right in going for diameter. I chose to go with Gold Tip though. They make an X-Cutter that is a 25/64 OD and the 22 series which are 22/64. I was planning on shooting the X-7's until i shot the X-Cutters. They are a very nice arrow, i have had no problems with them and they fly really well for me at both 47lbs and 54lbs.
The GT arrows are good arrows too, they are nice and tough, probably tougher then the X'7s but you have other concerns with them which include they arent as straight, they arent as consistent with spine and such, and the have the ever present worry that they will blow up coming off the bow on a crowded line hurting yoruself or someone else, thats a fairly large concern for me since in my short time shooting ive already seen 2 arrows blow up out of the bow

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I shoot the Arrow Dynamics .395 Mag arrow and find it to be excellent (just toooooo expensive to replace). This take care of all of my indoor needs.

I shoot the Carbon Express CXL select for FITA and NFAA target. Excellent shaft and straight. Can be a problem with wind on the fat shaft some days.

I shoot smaller arrow diameters for 3-D target because I cannot afford to replace the fat shafts. Perhaps if I get good enough to get a sponsership (calling all sponsors [LOL].

Good Luck and Shoot Straight.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.