Archery Talk Forum banner

new arrows, weak spine?

702 Views 15 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Ryan.Johnson
I went to a shorter arrow and a weaker spine and my broadheads keep shooting to the right no matter what I do, according to the carbon express charts I am ok. Heres the specs bowtech 82nd, 70#, 26" Carbon Express maxima hunters, 100 grn heads
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,485 Posts
No. Hunter 250's have a spine of .417

According to Carbon Express, the increasing model number relates to an increased stiffness, thus a decreased spine deflection
From weakest to strongest the Maxima series is:
150= .495 (no Hunter shaft available)
250= .404 (.417 Hunter Shaft)
350= .345 (.337 Hunter Shaft)

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Another one bit by the charts. Your arrows are too weak. the 350's would do you much better. For your knowledge for shooting broad heads you are allways better off going with a stiffer shaft. Turn your bow down to 63 64 pounds

· Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no I didnt have the problem before I went 1 1/2" shorter on the arrows and then a weaker spine and a different brand of arrow, I went from 27 1/2" 3-49 A/C/C to 26" Carbon Express Maxima 250s, I have moved my rest from all the way to the far left to all the way to the right, and everything in between, squared and spin tested, broad heads still hitting about 2-3" to the right even turned down the poundage to 64#s.

· Registered
1,878 Posts
Not knowing what kind of release you are shooting---it may not make a difference, but if you have some side pressure at anchor the affect will be the same on each arrow----but how each arrow reacts to it is different especially when one has aluminum,----if this were a factor then by changing releases or how your's is shot, a difference would be seen

· Dad, Husband, Hunter
2,999 Posts
Weird

250's or 350's... If papertuned they should fly right. Broadhead should not change if everything else is right

· Registered
639 Posts
I have a 82nd and the maximas would not spine out right with 350s at 27.5" arrow length at 72.5 pounds. They were a little weak but I shoot 125 grain broadheads too. So with these arrows I shoot it set up at 63 pounds. I have arimads as well but they spined out great but they are a little on the stiffer side to. You also have to remember that this is a really aggressive bow and you will need a little heaver spine even with that short arrow length.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.