Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the advice of several on this board, I decided to try an arrow with a heavier spine. I went with CX maxima hunter 350's with blazers. So far I am very impressed. My groups seem to have tightened up and my speed is outrageous! I cant wait to shoot it throught the chrono. I am using my 30 yard mark to shoot at 40! Arrow flight is great and again, groups seem a little tighter. Thanks for the advice on these arrows. One question though. I typicaly shoot cock vane out in order to give me more cable clearance. Most on here prefer to shot CV up or down. Is there any disadvantages in shooting CV out? I am shooting a ripcord rest on a tribute.

·
Banned
910 Posts
ya,for release shooters the spine thing with carbons isnt really an issue unless its too light. Just make sure you have good FOC of 8% or more and your good to go.

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
I shoot mine CV up but I don't think it really matters with my set up. My dropzone drops early in the shot sequence so it would seem a mute point.

I also am hunting this year with an '06 Tribute. 70#, 29" dl, 400gr CX Maxima Hunter and shooting 295 fps. The bow shoots great but I am trying to get used to shooting my fletchhunter again after shooting a hand held release all year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts