Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with experience and feedback on a "new to me" multi arrow fletching jig, the "Avalon Hexagon Fletch?"

I have been trying to find new JoJan- seem like they are out of business, quite a shame. This seems a viable alternative, but I can find no reviews on the net, hoping folks here might have used... we will surely have folks with opinions! :) Thank you.

https://www.alternativess.com/archery/shop/Avalon-Hexagon-Fletch/AV6FLET

av6flet.jpg

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,567 Posts
Never seen or heard of it but it looks interesting. Why do you think JoJan is out of business?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SHPoet- when I said "Seem like out of business"- not sure if open or not.. ... JoJan jig doesnt seem to be available "new" anywhere I can find, and they have not answered my direct inquiry on their "contact us" site.

I would LOVE to find they are up and running- where do I buy?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heck, bought used jojan tonight on "the big auction site" and, if I remember next time I order from AlternativeSS.com will buy an avalon Hex, compare for folks. If JoJan is no longer in business, this might be of great interest to community.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jo Jan folks sent me response from their site "we are not currently in business. I am looking to start the business back up in the next 6-9 months. I'll keep you posted." i have one on way from ebay, hope it is set up for 3 feathers! Seller not sure.

Someone should take the plunge, try the avalon... I am game, but unlikely to place another order for a while, I hold for a decent list to keep shipping reasonable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jo Jan folks sent me response from their site "we are not currently in business. I am looking to start the business back up in the next 6-9 months. I'll keep you posted." i have one on way from ebay, hope it is set up for 3 feathers! Seller not sure.

Someone should take the plunge, try the avalon... I am game, but unlikely to place another order for a while, I hold for a decent list to keep shipping reasonable.
Newbie here on this forum. Just getting back into archery, building arrows for the grandkids. I have a JoJan that I bought many years ago. The nock receivers on mine work for both 3 and 4 feathers. You simply flip the nock receiver around to switch from one to the other.

I was looking at the Avalon in the Lancaster catalog. Looks interesting. I'd like to hear from anyone who has tried it. The JoJan jig works but could be improved, IMO. A little hard to set up properly for offset fletching on small-diameter arrows. (I'm currently fletching some Easton 1416 Jazz arrows for the grandkids.) The clamps are somewhat crude and could use some refinement - Bitzenburger-style clamps on the Jo-Jan would be the cat's meow: thin profile, precise closure, imprinted markings for the fletching-to-nock distance, just to mention a few things. Knurled nock receiver extensions would make it much easier to rotate the arrows during fletching. And a dial-type adjustment for offset would be really nice, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts