Archery Talk Forum banner

New Bear bows out

3581 Views 25 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  kegan
http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/bows/traditional/

Check out the price on a take down - 800 bucks, the Super Kodiak looks sweet and they have something 48" long too:thumbs_up
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,321 Posts
Anyone found the prices for Takedown limbs?

It says #3 limbs are available....

· Registered
4,477 Posts
If the original Bear quality is in this bow, as prices go an MSRP of $799 is a very good price for a bow of this quality. This bow riser is made of "Dymond Wood" and vacuum impregnated with resins. Being Dymond Wood alone before the resin makes for one tough riser. My 1969 Bear takedown is "Future Wood." which is a plastic and resin impregnated Maple. Additionally, those big butt limbs and the Bear limb clamp locks are still the best design, even today.

As for fit and shootability; hard to beat. In my opinion, the Bear "pistol grip" is the best grip design ever made.

As said; if the original Bear quality is in this bow, you will love the bow and with care it will still be shooting years from now.

· Registered
10,758 Posts
I build and shoot my own... and even I don't think they're overpriced or ugly!

Though, I'm not a fan of the Montanna. But for $330, who could really complain?
I once wanted that bow. The dealer advised me that the bow was made for Bear by Ragim, hence, the low price. Never heard that anywhere else before, but I ended up not liking it for other reasons. The price was what attracted me to it in the first place, I guess.

· Registered
10,066 Posts
I hadn't had anything against it until my friend Art brought his up. A reflex deflex glass bow that didn't shoot any differently than my selfbows. I was a bit put off by that.

But that's from a builder's perspective. I still give lots of kudos to their recurves:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.