Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You might be better off asking for opinions on reasonably prices binos. I have never had a pair of though Nikons but by looking at the specs I can see that they would not make a very good set of bowhunting binos.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Depends on what you are using them for. I'm not a compact bino fan at all. I'd rather have a set of old weaver bino's than those. For that kind of money you could look at a pair of Burris Lite Tech's in 8x or 10 x 40.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
If your gonna just using them for hunting, IMO you'd be ok. Dont expect to see very well once the sun starts goin down. But Nikon has always been a good optic.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I purchased some Zeiss binos, very expensive, but when it come to optics, YOU GET what you pay for! In my opinon, binos is the one area that you don't want to skimp on. My Zeiss 10x40 are more crisp and clear than my buddies 36x spotting scope. Go to a local store, ask if you can take some cheapies, moderate priced and then expensive pair of binos outside. You will see, (pun intended) what I am talking about. You have a better chance of following big game if you can see them clearly and from a good distance. The cheapies seem to have a very small center radius that is clear (no the entire visual) and they become blurred as you look out. My .02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts