• New Style (with Blazer logo)

Votes: 61 59.2%
  • Old Style

Votes: 42 40.8%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
Well, your poll is missing some things about the many different variations of blazers, let me explain.

Blazers have had many changes but until recently nobody was told about it.

The original blazer was great. No problems getting them to stick. Then they came out with the grooved base blazer with the flat base. These were terrible. Would not stick down at all. We had tons of trouble with these. Then they came out with the grooved blazer with the curved base. These were much better.

Now you have another new blazer with the blazer logo on it. It is slightly smaller than the last ones. They are also slightly different weight.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
What is your opinion?

Are the new style actually an improvement or are the old style still the sought after ones?
Are the new ones still the noisiest fletching on the market? I can't believe guys hunt with vanes that hisss like that!

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Are the new ones still the noisiest fletching on the market? I can't believe guys hunt with vanes that hisss like that!
I'm with you on that, I keep trying to feel the love for them but I just can't get over the noise that they make when flying. YES the new one's still make that loud hissing noise in flight. I heard Hollywood sound guys are using that noise to duplicate jet airplanes in movies.:teeth:

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
My Blazers don't hiss or I wouldn't be using them...:confused:

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
My Blazers don't hiss or I wouldn't be using them...:confused:
They are pretty loud even more so than the NAP speed hunters. You can really hear it indoors but even outdoors when we go down range to see what noise broadheads make in flight the arrows with the Blazers are the loudest by far. Might not make a difference to most folks, look at all the folks using them with great success.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Me and most of of my buddies shoot blazers and they are not noisy. I shot 2 deer last year that never even flinched when I shot. My son shot a turkey that never heard it coming. In my opinion they work great.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,757 Posts
I have used a couple different Blazer vanes and never had the first problem with them. No hissing with any of them. With that said, I have a few of the privious versions that will do me for quite a while. If I don't shoot Blazers I will be shooting feathers.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
They are pretty loud even more so than the NAP speed hunters. You can really hear it indoors but even outdoors when we go down range to see what noise broadheads make in flight the arrows with the Blazers are the loudest by far. Might not make a difference to most folks, look at all the folks using them with great success.
Okay...thanks for clearing that up for me. The noise that I don't hear is really a hissing? Got it.:thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 39 Posts