Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new pair of Lacrosse boots and they really smell NEW. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it before the season starts?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah wash it with warm water and a sponge, and scrub the heck out of it with the warm water.... then dry it off..... place it into a scent lock bag with an earth scent disc..... or you could dig a hole in the back yard and bury them for a couple of days... lol....

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Jacobi said:
... or you could dig a hole in the back yard and bury them for a couple of days... lol....
Will that work on my old pair of boots? Naw, just kiddin.

I just picked up a pair of those LaCrosse Alpha Burly Sports myself. I like these things but they do need a strong dose of dirt!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I wash mine with as hot a water as I can stand and used scent killer laundry soap. Then I take them outside and splash around in the mud with them. I let the mud dry right on them and let them sit for awhile until I am ready to hunt with them. Does this work...Who the he11 knows, but that is what I do, and I have never had a problem. When I first hunt with them, I spray them with as much cover scent (Coon or Fox urine) as possible. My wife is really a fan of that!:D

I do have a question about Jacobi's method. I do like the idea about the scent wafers in a bag.
But...Don't we use rubber boots to hunt with becuase they DON'T absorb any scent?:confused: I think this renders the use of the scent wafer useless. However, I use to do this exact thing myself. ;)

I would just suggest walking around with them as much as possible before you hunt with them. Exposure to the elements will reduce the new rubber smell.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Wash with warm water and hunters soap, spray with scent killer (Fall blend works well), wear scouting once or twice, and they will be nearly scent free. Did you get the AlphasBurlys? I have got a pair of those coming in the mail.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, I'll give a try...

They are the Alpha Burly Sport's. Love the boot, hate the smell...

·
Registered
382 Posts
The smell won't last long. Washing them might speed the process up a little bit. I usually wear mine around outside for a while and the smell goes away. Spray with a scent killer type product(probably not a bad idea to do this every time you go into the woods anyway), and you'll be fine.

peashooter

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Red FOX P Cover Scent

Apply Red Fox P cover scent to mask your odor.... use enough and it will jam the deers nose

most top bowhunters use all rubber boots and then use a pungent masking scent like Tinks Red Fox P Cover Scent Spray it on when you leave your truck for your stand

Deer wil cross your trail and not bolt or spook
IMHO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts