Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
THWACK!!!!
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a new pair of boots for the upcoming archery season. Is there any truth to the all rubber boots holding less scent or not. I really try to eliminate scent as much as possible . I will only wear them in the field they will be kept in an air tight container when not in use. But I feel safer with a regular hunting boot climbing into my treestand especially when its wet out. If I don't go with an all rubber boot it will be an all cordura style. so guys what style would you rtecommend for me an all rubber or all cordura ? Thanks

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
I stick with my LaCrosse Alpha Burleys all rubber, very comfortable and warm.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I used to wear rubber bottomed pac boots , but I've gotten away from them and have been wearing clean cordura gore tex boots for several years now....I think as long as you keep them clean they work just as well and keep your feet from sweating....

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
The alpha burly's are super comfortable and you can get them in 400 gr. thin. or even 1000 gr thinsulate depending on your type of hunting. I wouldnt use anything other then a rubber boot. They are great for crossing creeks and swamps. Nothings worse then heavy wet leather boots that stink to high heaven!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I'm with the others. GO with the Lacrosse alpha burly's. If not, go with some type of rubber. It is true that they hold less scent. They come with thinksulate so you don't have to worry about your feet getting cold.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
cabelas has a nice pair of goretex. non insulated. camo. scent lok....I love mine and they dont get hot. like wearing sneakers...i have tried rubber and i cant stand the bulkiness.

·
Registered
53 Posts
LaCrosse Alpha Burlys here in Michigan!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I would go with cordura boots, especially if you only wear them while in the field. As long as you spray them before you leave your vehicle you will never have a problem. I just had my new danner pronghorns out in the woods last night and they are extremely comfortable, but not an all cordura boot. I have heard that the Irish Setter Shadow Trek is nice, or try the Rocky Bearclaw 3d. I don't know about you but I do more than just deer hunting and I would rather just have one pair of boots that can do it all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts