Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to Archery Talk but looking for recommendations for a new bow. I currently have a '97 High Country Max Force that was given to me as my first bow a few years ago and looking to retire it (this is also the only bow I've shot). I'm 6'4, 300 lbs, 31" draw. I was thinking about an Elite Energy 35, Elite Tempo, or Athens Ridge 34, but since i haven't shot any of these, i was wondering what everyone's thoughts were. If there are any other bows that y'all would recommend, i have ears to listen. Mainly just looking for a smooth draw and quiet, but able to reach my draw length. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I will say that the Ridge 34 is a sweet shooter and a wonderful draw cycle. One of the better all around bows in the business if you ask me. I would go and shoot them all though.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
The Ridge34 is a great bow. Very smooth consistant draw all the way back to the solid wall. No big dump into the valley, just a consistant pull. Nice valley, not jumpy or going to take off if you creep. The grip is very slim and easily repeatable. Fit and finish is very very nice. I have one in 30.5 draw. It's my favorite overall bow. Any questions or anything I can help with let me know.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I'm in Middle TN so i havent been able to find an Athens dealer near me but i've thought about getting the Ridge 34 anyways since ive seen nothing but good about it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks for the input guys, I'm in Middle TN so i havent been able to find an Athens dealer near me but i've thought about getting the Ridge 34 anyways since ive seen nothing but good about it.
I think there's a couple Athens Ambassadors near Nashville. Did you email Athens to see if they could help find someone close? I'm an ambassador with a Ridge 34, but I live in Michigan.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts