Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She wants to try bow hunting but doesn't want to spend alot of money on a bow right out of the gate. She has never hunted before (just because her other beau's did not hunt!) but she has picked up fishing and is very good at it. She did say that in school there was an archery team and she always wanted to try it. Now's her chance!

I have been looking at the Browning Micro Midas 3. Seems like a decent bow for the money ($189.00). She did mention that she would like a bow in pink camo. Not sure where to look for that....

26 draw length 35-40# draw weight. Want something that will be highly adjustable (resale value if she really gets into this).

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Parker Challenger II bows are decent. I'd also look at a Hoyt Rintec or Rintec XL. I'm still waiting for mine to come in but the Rintec XL is around $350 and you can get it in pink or other colors to besides camo I think, not positive. I'm sure others have plenty of other suggestions as well:wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought my wife a Martin Tigress, pink riser with camo limbs. She shot last night for her first time ever. First shot was on the x at ten yards, and she was hooked. We haven't moved the sight yet but was lucky enough to be extremly close to start. She shot 30 arrows il low light conditions and put 20 in the center and the other 10 were in the next ring. Guess what we'll be doing tonight when we get off work. Can't wait to see what happens at 20 yards and some practice.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
horseshoe49 said:
I just bought my wife a Martin Tigress, pink riser with camo limbs. She shot last night for her first time ever. First shot was on the x at ten yards, and she was hooked. We haven't moved the sight yet but was lucky enough to be extremly close to start. She shot 30 arrows il low light conditions and put 20 in the center and the other 10 were in the next ring. Guess what we'll be doing tonight when we get off work. Can't wait to see what happens at 20 yards and some practice.
I hear a Tigress is 1 heck of a womens bow........

·
Registered
13 Posts
I posted that I bought my wife a Martin Tigress, Well today I took her to the range for the first time. Prior to this it had only been shot in the back yard at 10 yards. I moved to 20 yards and not only did she literally shoot the center ring out of the target, but she also Robin Hooded one of her arrows! She has only drawn a bow approx 100 times, so to say I was blown away was an understatement. It literally messed up my shooting, because I kept looking at her target to see were they were going. Great family day, next up a mini Tiger for my daughter.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I also shoot Martin's and I love them!!! I have shot my highest 3D scores this summer and can't wait to see what happens indoors :wink: You definitely can not go wrong with a Martin!!!!

Horseshoe- tell your wife congratualtions on the great shooting and to stop in a say hi sometime!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts