Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered my new bow, a pink parker sidekick xp. it will be here monday or tuesday. I have never shot before, this will be my first time. the bow guy told me i am left eye dominant so i got a left handed bow. i figure since i never have i will be able to learn. got any suggestions?

thanks,
heather

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Welcome to AT Heather! Also welcome to an addiction called archery! The best piece of advice that I can give to a brand new archer is to get with somebody who understands proper form and draw length and how to anchor and all of those things associated with shooting a bow. Learn how to do it right from the start so you don't develop bad habits to break later. :) That is the one thing that helped me the most. If you lived in South GA, I'd help you. :) Good luck and enjoy your bow. I am a certified coach and will gladly help you in any way possible.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Canam is right when she says "Welcome to an addiction called archery". I was the newbie a few months ago and I have grown to love archery and bowhunting so much. Being on AT has been a lifesaver. Everyone is very helpful and always willing to lend a hand even from miles away:)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome ~ and definitely do what canam says ~ start off with good habits so you don't have to change them later, makes it more difficult, trust me:)

You will love archery and will be addicted in no time. Have fun here on AT and all of the ladies on this forum are awesome, and very helpful, and willing to listen if you need to vent or need a shoulder.

Good luck, and most of all HAVE FUN.

·
Registered
76 Posts
from another lefty

Hi there. I am new to archery as well and I agree that it's very addicting! I am left eye dominant, but right handed in everything else. I haven't found it difficult in the least to shoot left, so stick with it. I'm told going with your dominant eye will help you be more accurate.

I am taking lessons and I believe it is worth every penny. I'm learning about form as well as equipment. Lessons have given me a chance to try out different products to see what works well for me.

Have fun with your new bow and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
76 Posts
also...

When you get your bow, make sure your "bow guy" adjusts it to fit your draw length and a weight that you can pull.

Krista

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks for all your feedback on my new bow. I can't wait to get it in my hands and start shooting!!! I always go with my husband shopping for his bow stuff, and now I already want to go looking for mine, and I aint even got it yet!! It will be here Monday or Tuesday. I gotta get some pink string silencers and a pink or black stabilizer for it, and of course some arrows with pink fletches!!!!

Thanks again for your opinions, I will be back when I get the bow!!!

Heather

·
Registered
124 Posts
:welcome:To AT Heather. Archery is very addicting. I love it. I am also left handed. My husband shoots too. We love doing archery togather. We do alot of indoor target shooting and alot of outdoor marked yardage shooting and some 3D and also hunt. Ones again welcome aboard! HAPPY SHOOTING:)

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
:wav:
Hurrah ... Welcome to archery!!!

You're gonna have fun!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hello Heather! and Welcome. We want to see pics of your new bow when you get it all decked out!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome ~ Welcome :) This is the go-to place for any questions you may have. Everyone here has been amazing! ~ Thanks AT Girls!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts