Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get a new bow. I am shooting a Monster 6 right now. Like my monster but wanting a little more forgiving bow. Been looking @ Maxxis 31, Monster 7, and Z7. 70 lbs and 27dl. I have only shot the Z7. I will ultimately choose the bow that feels best in my hand. Just looking for some others input. Thanks

·
Registered
589 Posts
I would take the Maxis but to be honest the most forgiving will probably be the z7 because it is the heaviest and a single cam.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Go with the underdogs, they build better bows. Just because they are not #1 in sales, doesn't mean a darn thing. Athens, Elite, Darton, Pearson, New Breed, Forge, Quest all have great draw cycle and will outshot a lot of the others. You also don't hear much about their problems because there aren't any.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I considered the same bows you are, but I also had a BowTech on that list as well. After the smoke cleared it was the Z7 that won me over. Smooth, fast and just a pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
805 Posts
well im shooting a destroyer 340 and i love the feel of it. BUT, i see your kind of a mathews guy.. so,, i shot my buddies M7 this weekend and i was very pleased with the feel of it, it felt heavy in the hand at first, but at full draw it was very dead in the hand, held really good.. i think i would even consider this bow...

·
Registered
784 Posts
MAXXIS 35!:shade:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I am wanting to get a new bow. I am shooting a Monster 6 right now. Like my monster but wanting a little more forgiving bow. Been looking @ Maxxis 31, Monster 7, and Z7. 70 lbs and 27dl. I have only shot the Z7. I will ultimately choose the bow that feels best in my hand. Just looking for some others input. Thanks
if you are going to choose the bow that feels best to you, why do you need other people's input. I shot the maxxis 31, Z7, and M7 and honestly thought the M7 was about the nicest of the 3 with the Z7 comming in a very close second. the draw on the maxxis 31 just wasn't as nice but the grips felt amazing in my hand!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts