Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple friends of mine have recently purchased the Switchback XT and a couple others bought the Bowtech Tribute. Just wanted to see what you guys think...I am currently using my 2004 Hoyt Razortec XT2000 70-80lbs with Trophy Ridge Matrix .019 pins with Hoyt Drop-away rest. With me money is an option with my wife in nursing school. She has given me the green light to get what I want as long as I sell my current bow. Do yall think I would be gaining that much by going with one of those bows? Or should I hold out another year or so? I have shot both the SB XT and the Tribute and they are both smoother than my Razortec as to be expected.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good choices!!

Both bows you mentioned are excellent and I think a little smoother to shoot and faster in the case of the Tribute. Both bows are super smooth with very little recoil, but I would choose the Tribute because it is definitely faster even though the draw cycle may not be quite as smooth as the Mathews. I looked at both of these bows and was also impressed with the Elite line which I bought( E-500). The E-Force is basically the Tribute at a little lower price and Barnsdale limbs. Good Luck!!:frusty:

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
Scratch that itch with a new Tribute. :wink: You'll be amazed at the difference.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I scratched mine, I bought the XT.

:eek:

This thing is awesome! :thumb:

·
>>>--Shoot Em' Up---->
19,494 Posts
I sold my Razortec like yours for a Trykon and then shot and then Bought the Tribute!!! It is the best bow I have ever shot or owned. Ya can't go wrong with either choice but my money would go for the Tribute. Shoot them yourself and decide for yourself,it's your money. Post pic's when ya get whatever ya decide RazortecMan. May have to get a new user name too man. TributeMan sounds killer!!:RockOn: :thumbs_up

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
wait for 07's

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
i went out and got both haha i absolutley love them both.....if your going to be shooting 80 like your hoyt i would go with the tribute, that thing flings an arrow super fast smooth and quiet....the XT is super smooth quiet and accurate, i cant say buy either one they are both awesome

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I love my Tribute but if money is an option I would wait until the 07's come out. It wont be long until the new ones are out and then your XT or Tribute will be last years model already. You never know what 2007 will bring.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Diamond.

Check out Diamonds line. I have Shot Hoyt for over 15 years. I bought a trykon this year and after putting around 500 arrows through her I can say I didnt care for the bow. I sold it and picked up a victory and fell in love. The price is right on these bows and they are great shooters. I also just orderd a justice for my new hunting bow. Check them out.

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
Check out lakota

Take a look at Lakota Archery, I just purchased a BigFoot with barnsdale limbs. The bow is super smooth. Plus you also have several camo options as well.

www.lakota-industries.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts