Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pickin up the new Mathews Z7 and trying to decide on a rest. I have always used the Trophy Ridge Dropzone and my only complaint is lack of arrow containment. Not thrilled with the WB or Octane. Has anyone used the Ripcord Arrow Rest? Does it drop fast and is it quiet? Thanks in advance for any info you can throw my way.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I'm a spot and stalk Western hunter and containment is a must for me. I think this decision would be dictated by the need of containment. I have been interested in the Drop Slide since it came out, but like I said I need containment. I'm putting the QAD HD on the Maxxis 31 I have ordered which is very similar to the Ripcord. Both the Ripcord and the QAD have a big following, so I'm not sure which is better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a stalker/still hunter as well and containment is definitely an issue. Just read 80 reviews of the QAD on Cabelas website and the reviews were mixed.... everything from the rest doesn't drop fast enough on faster bows to fletching contact.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Most people say if the QAD is not working it is not set up right. I have heard many complaints and people that have set up many and know what they are doing say they have very few problems. I hope it works for me, I'm still going to give the QAD a try. The guy that sets up my bows says they are great. I have been using the Trophy Taker FC Extreme and this rest is great, but it frays the string. If they get this corrected it will be great.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I use a a LimbDriver with an arrow holder. VaporTrail has a containment blade available for the LimbDriver as well. You can't beat the performance. the cord mounts to the limb and works flawlessly. Extremely easy to set up and tune, as well. I would definantly give them a look,

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ripcord

I shot the QAD for two years, but switched this year to Ripcord. Ripcord would definitely get vote and I can't wait to get the new 2010 Ripcord. It will be on my bow next season.

·
Registered
156 Posts
ripcord

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I am a hunter, stalker, stand hunter, target archer, 3-D shooter and so on, I have never left an arrow on my bow unattended, my finger is always on it, hence no need for a containment rest. Those that do not keep positive control of a broadhead tipped arrow are looking for trouble, in the form of a cut string or body part. The only time that I could see actually needing a capture rest would be when using a bow hangar, my bow stays on my lap or in my hand. My vote goes to Trophy Ridge Drop Zone, I have used this rest from 10 feet to 100yds with excellent results.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have been shooting a ripcord with carbon arrows and it seems that the ripcord is geating louder when drawing the bow back. especialy when there is no wind it is loud in the woods. Like the arrows are wearing a groove. I have been shooting it for 4 yrs now. I have never had a failure, but i am switching to a qad hd

·
Registered
14,370 Posts
Ripcord by far. The dropzones will get sticky over time. I have heard that their new one is better but they sure out proud of it. The new ripcord has an overmolded launcher that makes zero noise and a catch machined into it so the launcher will not bounce back up on the shot and get fletching contact. Chief has a 4 year old launcher and they where thin. 2 years ago they made mods to the launcher and they are quieter for the past 2 years. Chief if you call Ripcord they will send you a new launcher at no cost to you and it will be quiet again. The new overmolded launchers will be sold seperatelly probably starting in january. They have a lifetime warranty and are an awesome company to deal with. They are also made in the USA which may not mean much to some people but it means a lot to me.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Ripcord gets the vote from me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts