Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the market for a new used bow looking for something that’s 34-36” short draw 26-27” 50-60 ibs. I’ve always shot pse because I’m not set on one draw length yet and it changes with different bows for some reason. Any opinions on a good bow for indoor and 3D that won’t break the bank? I’m looking to spend around 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Your DL is your DL. Some bows don’t measure exactly to what the mod or cam says though.
An Obsession Addiction OBB is a REALLY nice bow. One of the nicest I’ve ever shot. I’m not sure what the DL goes down to though.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Nitrum 34 and nitrum turbos are screamers in the E slot on the #1 cams. Will put ya at 26 to 26.5 draw depending on which model. They just flat out shoot.

·
Registered
11,788 Posts
Nitrum is a fine bow, I love my Turbo and wouldn’t mind a 34 also. The PSE evolve would be a sweet bow I finally got to spend some time with one and it shoots great. I don’t know what the minimum dl is. The halon x is also a nice bow and got to shoot it some also.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had one guy recommend a victory 37. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I would look into Athens Archery. They have Ascent would fit in your range.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Look around for a used Mathews Prestige. Designed with the short draw archer in mind. 35 ATA , IBO 322 spec'd at 29inches because it doesn't come in 30 draw length. Probably over 330 for comparison sake. An accurate shooter with plenty of speed for 3d. You can find them cheap. Spend the rest of the money on good accessories.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,310 Posts

I haven't shot the 37 but I shot a 39 and liked it. I'd try to get my hand on one and see.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts

I liked my e35s better then my 37s. E35 is a great do everything bow. My only complaint was it was slow as molasses. Shot awesome, but man with a 440grain hunting arrow it seemed like I could throw the arrow faster. Still killed a pile of critters. You’re going to need an ens e35 or vsb 37. Those are the short draw versions.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I liked my e35s better then my 37s. E35 is a great do everything bow. My only complaint was it was slow as molasses. Shot awesome, but man with a 440grain hunting arrow it seemed like I could throw the arrow faster. Still killed a pile of critters. You’re going to need an ens e35 or vsb 37. Those are the short draw versions.
No that xpression I had was slow! I’m just looking for something that’s not as heavy as an anvil and holds good.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don’t need a bow for hunting so much. Just need it for indoor and and 3D

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I don’t need a bow for hunting so much. Just need it for indoor and and 3D
Had several E35s and a Victory 37. I'd take the 37 for indoor and 3D any day. Don't get my wrong, the 35 is possibly one of the best overall do it all bows ever made, but I like the 37 better.
Keep in mind, I'm 6ft and have a 31 inch draw length.

While Elites are really nice bows, the resale is down right horrid.
Keep in mind, if the bow you buy is not in your draw length, you'll shop around for new mods which are on this forum used for around $30...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had several E35s and a Victory 37. I'd take the 37 for indoor and 3D any day. Don't get my wrong, the 35 is possibly one of the best overall do it all bows ever made, but I like the 37 better.
Keep in mind, I'm 6ft and have a 31 inch draw length.

While Elites are really nice bows, the resale is down right horrid.
Keep in mind, if the bow you buy is not in your draw length, you'll shop around for new mods which are on this forum used for around $30...
The resale is that bud huh? Well it has vsb cams so the draw length is good. Man this is the first time I’ve been without a bow since I started shooting. I don’t know where to start.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
The resale is that bud huh? Well it has vsb cams so the draw length is good. Man this is the first time I’ve been without a bow since I started shooting. I don’t know where to start.
Resale on any used bow is bad, it just seems I've seen a ton of E35, V37, V39 and impulse bows on classified for less than half the new price, directly in your price range.
Now, as far as the VSB cams, I'm not sure on their value or resale but I'm sure it's similar.

Take a gander at classified, keep in mind many sellers list 35's and 37s in both hunting and target bows.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Resale on any used bow is bad, it just seems I've seen a ton of E35, V37, V39 and impulse bows on classified for less than half the new price, directly in your price range.
Now, as far as the VSB cams, I'm not sure on their value or resale but I'm sure it's similar.

Take a gander at classified, keep in mind many sellers list 35's and 37s in both hunting and target bows.
The amount of them that I’ve seen is what’s keeping me from pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
They are quality bows. They are bullet proof.
They just aren't cutting edge technology nor are they speed demons.
Speed sells. You don't need 300FPS for indoor or 3D.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
For Indoor and 3d I'd be looking at 35-37 ATA and 6.5-7.0 brace height.
Would recommend a PSE Phenom or a Used PSE Supra Max.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For Indoor and 3d I'd be looking at 35-37 ATA and 6.5-7.0 brace height.
Would recommend a PSE Phenom or a Used PSE Supra Max.
Exactly what I was thinking. The phenom is just the right size for me. I loved my old phenom but I didn’t really care for the me cams.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts