Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the bow i recently bought http://www.basspro.com/PSE®-Archery...-Packages/product/89093701/251284#description . It has a 3 pin sight on it now . i waws thinking about possibly upgrading to a new sight in the near future after i get a little better at shooting. I was just curious what type of sight i should use? 3-5 pin? an hha single pin (not educated on that sight nor how the single pin works) and also what sights are compatible with my bow adnd it is left handed. Or do you think my 3 pin sight would be just fin for hunting only?

·
Registered
50,389 Posts
Nobody can answer that question as it is all personal feeling. Myself I like a single pin adjustable sight. I use HHA.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I agree x2 with Dale B1. You first need to figure out the yardages you feel comfortable with shooting at. Second, you need to see at those yardages how close your pins are to each other, ie. 20yds-30yds pins spaced 1/8-3/16 apart, well you could then use another pin for 25 yds. and if your 30-40yd. pins are same well then you can get a 35yd pin. so now your up to 5 pins. Some people think 5 pins is to much, some say not enough. I personnally use an HHA 5519 Slider that I usually set from 20-80yds. Now with the HHA you have to take the time to double check ALL the yardages in between to make sure they match up to the supplied tapes. I tend to make my own marks so as I can fine tune my yardages. Overall, best advise to you is, do some research, find a deal on a used sight you'd like to try out, and play around with different things. Only you will be able to figure out what "YOU" like. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i agree with the above. I have an hha 5519 slider as well and like it, however I think i am gonna go back to a 5 pin sight. I dont like having to adjust it all the time when a deer is walkin. I much prefer having 10,20,30,40,50 yd pins so that i can sight different spots at different yds and just draw aim and shoot when the time is right. But the decision is yours since its your bow and you are shooting it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts