Archery Talk Forum banner

New Bow Rack!!

1643 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  walks with a gi
I built me a new bow rack today :D I had some steel parts laying around in the shop that I cut up for enough steel to build one, so I finally did it. It holds 8 bows,, I know it's not enough but it will only take up a 3 foot diameter area because it rotates. I'll put it in the corner and it will make a big difference in my archery room :eek: I plan on making a top from wood to bolt on that will have several arrow tubes about 6 inches tall to hold a lot of the arrows I have in an arrow rack and in my cases. I checked, and I've got plenty of room to the ceiling for the arrows,, unless I increase my draw length to 33 inches soon :rolleyes: Some of you might reconogize the base, it's a truck wheel ring from a split rim wheel :rolleyes: It works good because it's rounded on the bottom and won't press down the carpet. I sand blasted everything and painted it today so I'll wait for tomorrow to fill her up :)

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,499 Posts
Looks good!
I like the idea for the base.You'll be happy its bottom heavy when everyone wants to spin the thing ;)
I'll probably be building a few for my shop this spring and I've been kicking around ideas.
They are pretty expensive to buy when you know how to build them on your own.
Nice job

· C:\My Documents\My Pictur
24,688 Posts
Reply to subject

Hello
Nice job

Later
Unk :)

· Registered
9,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, the bow rack is just a start!! Hunting season is over and it's time to get things in order,,,, like I ever had :rolleyes: I'll make it a New Year's resolution to be neat and tidy,,, hmmm I think I said that last year :confused: There's just not enough hours in a day :eek:

· Registered
9,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heere's another pic with the arrow holders in place :) I bought an 18 inch round mini table top for $8.00 at Menards and 5 feet of 2 inch PVC plastic pipe. I cut the pipe into 5 inch long sections, removed the lettering and cleaned the PVC pipe with lacquer thinner and epoxied the tubes around the perimeter on the table top,,, after I sprayed on a coat of urethane :D

The rack takes up a lot less space than the old one I was using. The only problem is that now, I need to build another one for the other bows I have :rolleyes:

Attachments

· Registered
9,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, forgot to add that there's 12 arrow tubes on the top, each will hold a dozer arrows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.