Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Pearson Spoiler tonight and put my WB drop tine on along w/ my copper john.

The WB was put on level and the arrow had a serious downward angle from the nock to the rest.

so the question is. Is where the nock came on the bow the center of the string and should be where I align my rest to? If so I guess I'll need a new rest. My WB has to be put at a pretty funky angle to make the arrow level.

Very pleased with the bow and couldn't believe how fast it is. my old bow must be in the low 200's. This new thing is light, fast, and schweet!!!

If I need a new rest...anyone want the droptine as a trade for an original WB?

-Dave

·
Registered
552 Posts
I had the same problem with another bow, using a NAP QT 2000, and was seriously angled to level the arrow off with the original nock point. I talked with several Pro shops around here, and as long as your not severly off from center (i.e. nock point near cam or idler :tongue: ) you should be fine. There shouldn't be any drastic problems whatsoever. Give it a shot, move your nock point down to level off and try it. If your groups aren't doing too good, then you can always get another rest.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I agree. The nock set can be moved down to the point where the arrow is level. Some people set the nock 1/16 inch above level.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool...thanks....I'll move the nock and see how it works. Almost bought a new rest today...glad I didn't.

-Dave

Now if it would start getting cooler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts