Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's that time and I'm upgrading from my first bow (Bear Legion). I am looking to drop the money on a top bow and figured 2014 model. I shot the Prime Alloy and have to say I loved it. Really was in the bag for me. But I read all these posts on how they just are not built up yet as a company yet. I really don't worry to much about all that. The crew I hunt with are all Mathews fan boys. Not saying that is a bad thing. Here are my ?'s in regards to new 2014 vs 2013 and Manf.
Prime- is it really worth the high dollar amount for a newer company? Even though I love the bow
Mathews- I really don't see that big of an update from 2013 to 2014 with the Creed and Chill. I shot both of the 2013 Models and they are real smooth but I just figured with 2014 they might of stepped up. I could always save the money and go 2013.
Bowtech- Never shot one but hear great things about the CPX could give a try
Hoyt- not real sure seems like too much work with a lot of the proprietary accessories and the high price
Bear- Loved my Legion and their CS (Andy) was awesome with an issue I had but not really seeing a huge jump in them.
I just thought throwing this out there might help me try something different. I really enjoyed the Prime Alloy and just wanted people's feedback to see if the choose I make is right. I understand to shoot every bow but I was just wondering what really stands out to most on what they have chosen to shoot and why. thanks

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Have you shot all the bows listed above?

·
Registered
21 Posts
You should definitely shoot an obsession. I tried hoyt,elite, mathews, pse, strother, alpine and a couple more. Obsession lethal force 2 and hands down.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I shot the Bears, Prime, 2013 creed and chill. I know it's open ended but the dealer by me doesn't do Hoyt and haven't had time for the Bowtech

·
Keep on keepin' on...
1,352 Posts
I am going to have to ditto "thanksdad" for mentioning Obsession. They will ship a any bow to your closest dealer just for you to try. Once you do, your question will probably have an answer... They are amazing bows, with the best customer service IMO...

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to have to ditto "thanksdad" for mentioning Obsession. They will ship a any bow to your closest dealer just for you to try. Once you do, your question will probably have an answer... They are amazing bows, with the best customer service IMO...
What's their site

·
Keep on keepin' on...
1,352 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yep obsession!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
G5 isn't big enough of a company but obsession is? I'm confused.
I didn't say that just repeating.peoples concerns when buying a high end bow. I am up for anything. Just trying to get some feedback

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,131 Posts
G5 isn't big enough of a company but obsession is? I'm confused.
This..... G5 is a big company. The bow side of it is a bit small but they have been around 4 or 5 years now and they have made a LOT of bows for a few companies.

I now own 4 Prime bows and I'm VERY happy with all of them.

·
A legend in my own mind
1,720 Posts
if you fell in love with a bow then buy it. I don't see the issue?

I cant see where a Mathews would be above a prime or bowtech for that matter. until your considering hoyt or pse, I don't think your into an elite manufacturer. I personally believe they are 1 and 2 in quality and innovation and theres an obvious drop below them. this is my opinion of course.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Shoot as many as you can side by side. You will know what bow is for you as it will pick you. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I didn't say that just repeating.peoples concerns when buying a high end bow. I am up for anything. Just trying to get some feedback
Any of the mentioned companies make great bows.pick the one that fits you best.I was thinking the same way when the impact came out.I was a hoyt guy and was skeptical about switching to a newer company.I bought one anyway.now almost a year later I couldn't be happier with it. I've also dealt with g5's c.s. and there top notch if that was a concern.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any of the mentioned companies make great bows.pick the one that fits you best.I was thinking the same way when the impact came out.I was a hoyt guy and was skeptical about switching to a newer company.I bought one anyway.now almost a year later I couldn't be happier with it. I've also dealt with g5's c.s. and there top notch if that was a concern.
That helps cause I'm really leaning towards the Alloy

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
you could shoot a 5 year old Mathews and just say it is a 2014 since they don't know how to build new target bows . good luck

1 - 20 of 55 Posts