Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved a new recurve from my uncle. He is an avid hunter but couldn't get used to a recurve. So he knew I shoot a recurve so who better to give it to. I couldn't thank him enough. It is a sky recurve built by Earl Hoyt. It is very pretty. It came in a neet hard case. I got it home strung it up and the first five arrows were high right at 20 yards. But the next five were stacked in the kill zone. It is 60 lbs @ 28 62 in long and like I said very smooth. It is the first sky I have shot. Does anyone know aything about these bows? Thanks

·
Registered
20,692 Posts
culleng -

Wouldn't be a SKY Sky Hawk, would it?

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes

Yes thats what it is. What do you know about it, what is your experience with this bow? Thanks

·
Registered
20,692 Posts
Culleng -

I have two; two and a half really. A #65, and one with a pair of #50 and #40s limbs.

Earl "merged" Hoyt to CML in 1979 and stayed on in several capacities. He opened SKY Archery in 1989 and used the same proven designs and manufacturing processes on the SKY bows, both target, hunting and longbows. (SKY was sold to Matthews after Earl's death in 2001.)

Basically you got a super bow. The Sky Hawk came in 62" and there were a few promotional 66" bows that made the Field and 3D rounds to prove it's worth. It did quite well for itself - still does.

Take care of that puppy, not too many people know about those bows, but those who've shot them know what they have.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Viper your knowledge is unbelievable! ;) Thanks for the information I appreciae it. I am going to take good care of it and probably hunt with it this year.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Pictures, man!!! I just got a Sky recently too. I got a Hunter Express. Too bad they're not being made any more.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I'm surprised Viper didn't tell you how bad those bows are then offer you $50 to take it off your hands to help you out. LOL You've got a keeper there, enjoy it. Unless of course you want to sell it for $50. hehe

·
Registered
770 Posts
Earl Hoyt

Anything Earl Hoyt had even partial control over was a fine bow. I shot for him in thre late 60's and his PM'sts. were "primo"! You have a fine gift there, take good care of it and enjoy it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts