Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11,983 Posts
I ordered a all black lefty PSE 34 SE the last week of February, I am not sweating it. There are shortages in alot of industries, it will get here. Just another reason you need to have multiple bows, so you can still sling arrows in the meantime.

·
Registered
Obsession evolution/PSE EVL 70#, BG slider 5 pin
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My V3 27 has been 16 weeks/4mo, I ordered in early February... All I ordered was Stone Grey... Nothing crazy. I was told the first week of June, we're halfway to through the second week.

I've waited this long and my shop reassured me Stone Grey is sexy as hell. I was tempted to switch to a V31 in green... I know it will be worth the wait... But it has been painful, to say the least.
I am hope it works out. I am choosing to try and wait it out as well. I really wanted the KUIU color. Hopefully a couple more weeks and i can get mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered a PSE Lazer for my wife around Oct 2020 and they told me 10 weeks max. ~24 weeks later in April 2021 I canceled the order, if I'd known I'd have ordered a different bow to begin with, wasted a lot of potential shooting time. Don't reward the manufacturers and/or sellers for being dishonest about their long or unknown lead times. They shouldn't advertise it and take your money if they don't even know when they can deliver it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Not a bow I ordered, but my shop ordered a new EVL 32 and 34 when PSE released the new model info to dealers. Nothing special- Mossy Oak camo, RH, 70 pounders. Just got this week. I didn't buy one because of the delays, and bough something else at the time.

I will say that the EVL models are mighty impressive, AFAIC. Maybe next year for a new PSE.

·
Mark
5,841 Posts
Like others said, everything is delayed. I drover by a huge parking lot that is totally full of new F150 waiting on computer chips coming from China, got to be killing their business.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been away from archery since January due to a cross country move but seeing this thread gotta ask if folks know what is driving the delay on ordered bows. Understand awol computer chips and $10.00 bucks for a 2x4 but why bows. Hope it is brisk sales so the industry can catch a break especially independent shops.

·
Super user
1,620 Posts
Ordered a Hoyt in February, and it looks like end of September to get it. Nothing special at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super user
1,620 Posts
Does it matter which Hoyt your order or everything?

I'm wondering if certain models are less behind, or they are all bottlenecked by one part of the process.
No, it does not. They are all that way.

·
Super user
1,620 Posts
I’m still waiting for my bow I ordered 2 months ago it’s a Hoyt, now I’m starting to get worried if it will come in time so I can become familiar with it before hunting season.
No. February orders are likely not coming in until after hunting season begins the 2022 models will be out by then. If they even do 2022 models. If it were me, I would skip that model year, and get current stuff caught up.

·
Super user
1,620 Posts
My V3 27 has been 16 weeks/4mo, I ordered in early February... All I ordered was Stone Grey... Nothing crazy. I was told the first week of June, we're halfway to through the second week.

I've waited this long and my shop reassured me Stone Grey is sexy as hell. I was tempted to switch to a V31 in green... I know it will be worth the wait... But it has been painful, to say the least.
I had a stone grey VXR 31.5. It looks nice, but not that nice, not waiting months and months. I would get the green V3 31 if I were you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
When I was finally ready to buy my V3 31, I was able to walk into the archery store and buy it. They had it set up for me by the next day. In fact they had forty of them in stock, including 7 in green ambush. So wait time was one day.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I ordered a PSE Lazer for my wife around Oct 2020 and they told me 10 weeks max. ~24 weeks later in April 2021 I canceled the order, if I'd known I'd have ordered a different bow to begin with, wasted a lot of potential shooting time. Don't reward the manufacturers and/or sellers for being dishonest about their long or unknown lead times. They shouldn't advertise it and take your money if they don't even know when they can deliver it. Just my opinion.
The bow manufacturer's can't do anything but guess on delivery times because deliveries of materials to them is not consistent. This isn't being dishonest at all. They give "estimates", which are simply guesses based on potential materials deliveries. Those estimates go out the window when materials are delivered.

This is a global manufacturing issue right now, not simply US bow manufacturers. World runs out of everything as a manufacturing drill goes too far

Reactions: SwVaHntr

·
Registered
623 Posts
I ordered a smoke gray Bowtech Solution (not SD or SS) 20 weeks ago. Still waiting.
My shop has had some "custom" color SD's and SS's come in, but no regular Solution's.
I'm going on 19 weeks for a Bowtech Revolt in custom colors. I just hope that the materials and quality of construction do not suffer due to shortages of materials and maybe labor and wanting to get bows to people quick due to being so late.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The bow manufacturer's can't do anything but guess on delivery times because deliveries of materials to them is not consistent. This isn't being dishonest at all. They give "estimates", which are simply guesses based on potential materials deliveries. Those estimates go out the window when materials are delivered.

This is a global manufacturing issue right now, not simply US bow manufacturers. World runs out of everything as a manufacturing drill goes too far
JIT manufacturing is a choice they make to cut costs. They do it because their customers let them get away with the delays.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Some states are messed up because of covid, limited ability to be up at full production, then uncle sam bought everyone a new bow and bam! my V3 27 I got in march as well is still on the drying rack in Wisconsin...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a stone grey VXR 31.5. It looks nice, but not that nice, not waiting months and months. I would get the green V3 31 if I were you.

If my bow isn't in the next time I walk into the shop I may switch to whatever color combo is on the wall.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts