Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the new bowtech destroyer 350 for 2010?? I was thinknig about buying one after the first of the year. I have shot alot of bowtec bows and think they are very nice. Fast with no hand shock!!!! What else do you need?? Lol

·
Registered
675 Posts
I haven't shot the 350 but I was impressed enough by the 340 to order one the same day I shot it. I'm sure the 350 is great, too, I just like the extra bh

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know people really bash low brace heights. I have as well. But i am going to get it to prove that a person can shoot one. Hope i dont regret it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Bowtech 350/340

I very interested in the bow. But have concerns about how the cams stay in time. What is doing it? Gears? It has split bus cables so it's not like the old cams (which I liked.) Maybe I'm missing something. Am I alone on this? What do you think?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ttt

·
Registered
455 Posts
You know people really bash low brace heights. I have as well. But i am going to get it to prove that a person can shoot one. Hope i dont regret it.
imo you wont regret it. i have a new Destroyer 350 and no problems at all. i think that there is alot more talk and hype in the BH thing. ive owned bows all over the map as far as brace height was concerend and never ever had any issues. depends on your bow arm\form I guess.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
im crazy anxious to get one.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ttt

·
Registered
675 Posts
I wasnt " bashing" the low brace height, its not the bow I'm concerned about but me. I just like the idea of more forgiveness.

·
Registered
675 Posts
As far as weight I believe it is 3.9 for the 340 and 4.1 for the 350. Although that might be backwards as I am just repeating what someone posted in another thread.

·
-------
2,640 Posts
Well I shot the 350 Tuesday night. It was a 60# and my current bow (Guardian) is set at 68 plus the 350 had a 29" DL where I shoot a 28" DL. So I'm not really comparing apple to apples. With that said I did like it. Draw was stout but consistent and I liked the wall on it. The 350 only had a rest on it. The grip looks awful but I liked the feel of it. It was dead on the shot except for a little vibe I think from the flex guard nothing major or would stop me from buying it. Very quiet. Very nice bow but I think I'll be sticking with my 07 Guardian for another year. I can't justify spending at least $500 it would cost if I sold mine and bought new and would only be gaining 25 fps. I did draw the 70# a few days a go but they sold it before I got to shoot it. I think the draw is consistent but it is stout. I think it definitely felt like a tougher pull for me than my Guardian. Again I can't remember what the DL was on the 70# 350 so that might have contributed to it. IMO if you are looking for a new bow I would definitely go and give it a try.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have never shot a bowtech that i didnt like.lol. they are all so smooth and dont have hardly any hand shock. everyone around here that shoots bows says a man cant be consistent with a low brace height. little do they know.... i am fixing to show them. i will be the first to get a bow with a brace height below 7 inches. it is personal now.lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ttt

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ttt

·
Registered
430 Posts
I shot one the other week and didnt really like how it felt to me. the grip is big and feels weird to me. and it feels very top heavy like a mathews does. I agree it is fast, smooth and quiet but I will be sticking with my Captain for the next couple years.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pimp

·
Registered
502 Posts
How much are they listing the 340 for? I can't find it anywhere. Pretty hard to justify spending 800 on a bow right now when the the one I own kills just fine..... Why is it that every year I have this urge to go out and buy another bow, stand, or gadget even though I don't have an issue with the one I own!?!?!?!? (LOLOL)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts