Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience using any of the New Breed bows? They appear superior to many other bows. The company is 2 yrs old, have a 345 fps IBO listed....wondering if others may have tried the New Breed Genetix. See their website.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've been shooting a New Breed Genetix for a few months now. Excellent bow. Top quality, smooth and fast. Best compound I've ever owned. There are many here on AT with much more experience with them than me. I'm sure you'll here from them soon. Can't go wrong with a New Breed. Woody

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Looks like a quality product with all the hallmarks of the bigger brands, I look forward to shooting one. Hope they make them in 80#...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wondering what kind of arrow speed you're getting (what kind of arrows and weight), what type of arrow rest, etc.

·
No Hype, Just Hunt
12,419 Posts
They are everything and more that you have read about them. I have had mine for a year now and it is by far the best shooting, smoothest drawing, easy tuning bow I have shot to date. If you get a chance to try one I highly recommend it. I do believe they make an 80lb version or if not I am sure they would work with you to make it happen.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've not chronoed it yet. I shoot a 60lb, 28.5 DL with Carbon Express Maxima Hunters 250s. They smack the target hard!

·
No Hype, Just Hunt
12,419 Posts
I shoot 71.5 lbs at 28.5" with a .300 easton axis total arrow weight around 480 grains and I am getting 270 fps out of it :jam:

·
Arrow Slapper Extrodinair
4,736 Posts
I have a 60 Lb 30 inch Draw Genetix Shooting a 29 inch Victory V-Force arrow. Arrow weight is 410 Grains. I'm getting 282fps out of the bow.

Here is how I've got the bow outfitted

Trophy Taker Rest
10 inch super stix Stabilizer
Viper Micro Adjust Sight w/ .010 Pins
Sims Enhancer
Sims Quad Block Limb Damperners
Bow Rattler String Supressor- came standard on bow from Factory
Hooded Super Peep

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I've been shooting New Breed bows since early last year and can honestly say that I've never had a better shooting bow than my Genetix. I'm shooting 57 pounds @ 26.5" and a 304 grain Easton Flatline arrow 282 fps...this is with my split limb Genetix. The NBA bows are easy to tune, and are a pleasure to work on.

·
HHA products SUCK
14,155 Posts
Best 2 track I've ever tried.
I love and still want a split limb Genetix.

The guys over at NBA, top notch.:D

·
Registered
764 Posts
the best I have seen and I have been in the bussiness for 30 years.here are some specs split limb genetix 29" draw 71# 355 grn easton fatboy g5 peep loop limbdriver rest 330fps look at my sig for some other specs

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I have yet to shoot one but have done a little camo work for them. I can tell you that Kyle is a great guy to deal with. How many bow companies can you just call up and talk to one of the owners? That's how they operate at NBA.

BTW - There is a thread in the Manufacturers section you should read through. There is a lot of info there.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I have yet to shoot one but have done a little camo work for them. I can tell you that Kyle is a great guy to deal with. How many bow companies can you just call up and talk to one of the owners? That's how they operate at NBA.

BTW - There is a thread in the Manufacturers section you should read through. There is a lot of info there.

Good luck!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Barnsdale Limbs
Very nice Cams (improved R2B2)
Vapor Trail Strings and Cables
Bow Rattler String Suppressor
Tight Tolerances
In Tune out of the Box

You cant go wrong ;)

My NBA Cyborg is in customs right now :D

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I think they are a nice bow. I had a Genetix last year for about a month. Couldn't get use to the smaller sized grip. It was a very smooth shooting bow and a great draw cycle. I found the speed ratings to be overstated as mine was lacking around 10 - 12 fps.

Here is a copy of my eval. http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/pu...luation_-_New_Breed_Archery_Genetix_Bow.shtml

I purchased it from a Archerytalk sponsor who is a dealer. He tuned and set to my draw-length.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I have the Nemesis...Fast little bow.
on the spot 29" draw 60lb... 378 grain arrow 303FPS. I like short ATA bows for hunting..This is the fastest(shortest ATA) out on the market. Quite, Vibration free, awesome valley and wall..Purely awesome!

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,461 Posts
Best 2 track I've ever tried.
I love and still want a split limb Genetix.

The guys over at NBA, top notch.:D
read your review :thumb:

·
Registered
879 Posts
ctborg 28" 60lb 305fps more important drives tacks!!!

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I have not seen one yet but they use top quality products to build the bow. Barnsdale limbs, Winners Choice strings (definitely better than Hoyt and Mathews strings), Bow Rattler string stop. Hoyt and Mathews make a great product, but there string stops and strings are not that good.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts