Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i bought my 2011.5 new breed eclipse of at from a member about 2 weeks ago.It is a 29 inch draw and 60lbs.The first thing i did when i got my bow was order strings. The strings on it were junk. Got ahold of parknsons(exwolverine) and ordered some new blue and black strings. I also found a used qad,bstinger and 5 pin armourtech sight with 6 inch dovetail all on at. I got my strings today,love the color. I put strings on set timing and put all my goodies on bow. Well this was the first time i shot the bow. Bow is real smooth draw but does not have the rock hard back wall that i like so much on my elites. I shot about 50 arrows with no pep rotation at all. Strings are great and was amazed how smooth the bow shot with the new strings. Bow is dead in the hand and super quiet. I was alittle disapointed in the grip tho. For some reason just cant get it to sit right in my hand,but i might just have to get used to it. It also is not as fast as i thought it would be but is not super slow.So all and all its a great bow.

pros
smooth draw
smooth shot and dead quite
easy to tune
good looking

cons
back wall is not rock solid
grip is not for my taste
not super fast

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a few pics

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Dirty North Archery
2,188 Posts
Hmm, strange about the back wall. They are both dual limb stop bows. Should be identical I would think. I do know that the Elites have a bit bigger valley and have that bit of a locked up feeling like you almost have to push the string forward. Both awesome bows. Enjoy the Eclipse, and welcome to the Nation!

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Awesome bow ! Im a Hoyt guy but have to say the Obsession line up is top knotch !! I have a "KM" coming soon .. You have a great bow and string builder on your side !!
Enjoy your new rig bud ...

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hmm, strange about the back wall. They are both dual limb stop bows. Should be identical I would think. I do know that the Elites have a bit bigger valley and have that bit of a locked up feeling like you almost have to push the string forward. Both awesome bows. Enjoy the Eclipse, and welcome to the Nation!
I thaught same thing about back wall. My eclipse back wall very similar to my elites. Rock solid

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Dual limb stops on both the NB's and Elite's and the back wall is different??? I've owned both Elite's and NB's and would love to know how dual limb stops feel different on one brand to another?

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
Also wondering what strings/cables were on it, I believe the Eclipse came with Proline threads back then, hardly call them junk.
Maybe they were beat up and fraying?

The Eclipse is a sweet bow. The more you shoot it the more you will get used to the grip and probably like it.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
That definitely could be the case for sure, just curious. As far as stock threads go, New Breed has always put great quality strings and cables on their bows.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Idk on strings bought used.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I would check to make sure the draw stops are in the correct location. This should help the problem with the back wall.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked there right. I think the elite has a deeper valley.

·
Dirty North Archery
2,188 Posts
I checked there right. I think the elite has a deeper valley.

They do at factory settings. You can always move the stop to your likings. I'm sure you know that though

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Very nice bow you have though, the Eclipse is one of the best all around bows out there. What about the NB grip don't you like? I know a grip is a very personal thing. I personally find the NB grip to be my all time favorite.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I have an Eclipse and it is an exceptional bow. The grip is different than the Elite grip, although I much prefer the New Breed grip relative to the Elite grip.... Outstanding bow for sure :)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just can't get the grip to sit comfortably for some reason. But a few more days at the range with it might make it better. I did move draw stops around and made it better.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,739 Posts
Congrats on the fine looking rig.

My guess is there's a snake in the wood pile somewhere in the bow tune. You should be getting a rock solid back wall with that bow. How are you checking the cam sync?

In terms of the grip, it's narrow for sure. The grip angle should fit most anyone, however. Pretty user friendly over all. Personally I don't like a grip to be too thin with no wood. But that's just me.

So yeah, recheck that cam sync because something is cattywhompuss.

Happy Shooting.

Skeet.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I recheck cam sync and its on.moved draw stops and its much better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts