Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy some new broadheads this week. I havent bought broadheads for several years. I got away from bowhunting and lost everything i thought i knew. What are the recommendations for fixed 3-blade 100gr broadheads. Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wac-em's are really good, all stainless steel construction....blades and all.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
For a 3 blade head you can't go wrong with Thunderheads. Relatively cheap and can be found almost anywhere.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I am currently using the spitfire 100gr. I have had no problems getting deer. I have gotten 10 out of 11 over the last 2 years. I hit a doe high and I think she clogged the hole...Ran out of blood. If I was going to buy new broadheads I would go with the G5 striker....I have done alot of research and It is an awesome head that shoots straight and holds and edge....even after 40 shots in a target!...I am not switching this year because I have 8 sharp spitfires! GL and Shoot straight!:wink:

·
Urban Archer
744 Posts
Crimson talon

Crimson Talon (with the new blades) or the Crimson Talon Hyper Speed. I've taken 14 deer with the original Crimson Talon and an Elk with the Hyperspeed. There hasn't been any tracking, not even with the elk, since all the animals dropped within sight.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I haven't shot anything with them yet but the sonic head flies exactly with my field points and they are really sharp.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The reason this web site is so great is because we can all get info/product reviews first hand from other hunters.

After seeing this discussed here and even some testing done on a microwave I also decided to go with the strikers. In my 15 years of bowhunting I have never seen a broadhead fly so true. I shot a doe this weekend with my Tribute and the Striker passed completely through and went into the ground about a foot. I could shoot it again if I wanted to, but won't. I also had a major blood trail but didn't need it. My bow is tuned perfectly and I can't believe how well these heads fly. I will never switch to anything. I was going to try the slicktricks 1st. but you couldn,t find them anywhere.

·
Registered
434 Posts
G5 Striker and the Slick Trick......someone gave me a ST to try and it along w/ the Striker were exactly the same as my field points. For the past 7 years I've been using Spitfires (and they are a great expandable BH, one of the best) and this year I'm making a move back to a fixed blade BH. It will be one of the 2 mentioned above....neither one is a wrong decission.

·
DefiantShooter
10,865 Posts
G5 - Strikers

Shot my buck in Oregon with them this month and will be taking them to SD for my 'Lope' hunt this week.......:tongue:

·
Registered
504 Posts
HTML:
Cant go wrong with muzzy.
That's the same thing I was thinking have been useing them for over 10 year's with no problem's

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,204 Posts
G5 Montecs are a great broadhead, mine flew just like my fieldtips, I was and am impressed with them. They are in my quiver now and waiting for Oct. 1st!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts