Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came back this weekend from a week long hunt in New Brunswick Canada. I had an unbelievable hunt.

I hunted with Basswood Ridge Lodge, Les Curran. It was just great and I would recommend him to anyone.

My hunt was over on Monday when I arrowed a bear fo a lifetime. It went 353lbs. on the scales and will possibly go P&Y.

Well enough talk here's the bear.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
My congrats on an excellent bowkill. I hope it makes the books for you, if that's what's really important to you. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
what type of broadhead were you using? I have never hunted bear and was wondering if they are really tuff and require a cut on impact broadhead. I am thinking about planning a trip this next year.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Wow, what a wonderful bruin.

Oh dear, that reminds me that it's now 8 years ago, when I was hunting in North America last time. I guess it's time for another trip now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey making the "BOOK" is only icing on the cake. I have been wanting to go bear hunting for a long time. I finally did and I was blessed with a beautiful the bear.

I was using 100gr. thunderheads on a 29 1/4" 2314 xx78 SS Select shaft. They weigh around 475grs.
I was shooting 61lbs. on a UltraTec XT3000 29 1/2" draw.

Good luck too all.

JonR

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Great bear ! My dream hunt is also a bear hunt to Canada. Hope I make it someday. Congrats.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Does anyone know the kenetic energy needed to kill a black bear? I am trying to go this fall up in the eastern part of NC.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I would recommend 65ftlb. with an arrow not lighter than 450 grains.
65ftlb. with that arrow means a speed of 260fps.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Congratulations HNTNBO!

Excellent bear!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
great bear man am hoping to get to go next season. looks like a really good bear and he is a big headed fella
rob k

1 - 13 of 13 Posts