Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bummer. After reading good reviews on the 2.1 Bushnell Trail Sentry I ordered one from Optics Planet and it arrived in three days. I got the batteries charged, went to Wally World to buy an SD card and fired it up in the back yard while practicing to check out the video mode. Alas, no photos and an ominous "error/feed" flashing on the LED. Took out the new card added a older one I knew worked, changed to stills, and got the same. It will not store the photos due to some internal problem.

Worst part came when I read the warrenty card from Bushnell. I have to pay shipping to them AND include $10 to pay the shipping and handling back to me. So my $120 good deal will end up costing $140 if they replace it with a working model. Sure don't see why they expect me to pay return shipping both ways :mad: of their faulty product. Live and learn.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sue

I can't say that I didn't sleep through most of my contracts and uniform commercial code classes way back in the old days and have never done anything in this area of the law, but I do seem to remember an implied warranty of merchantability. What I recall is that a product is warranted by implication to do the thing it is designed to do over and above any specific warranties. If the thing works but then needs some fixing after a period of time the warranty comes into play. If the thing never works then it never did what it was supposed to do and I would think the implied warranty would cover. I would love to see someone file a class action suit against Bushnell for all of the $10 that they have taken over the years from everyone whose cameras never worked in the first place. I don't think they should be able to get away with it. Any real lawyers out there who remember, or better yet, do this stuff?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Bushnell Warranty

Copied this from another site concerning the $10 for shipping.

09-26-06 Update: We spoke with the folks at Bushnell about the warranty return charge and it was stated that those cameras that have problems develop under warranty, there is not suppose to be a charge. We also started to notice that on some of the outdoor forums that a few folks were having a problem with the trigger time being 3 to 4 seconds on the first trigger after the camera has been setting idle for a period of time. The company says that this is definitely not suppose to happen. A call to Bushnell customer service should get you a return number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts