Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some suggestions. I'm looking for a new bibs/coat combo for bowhunting and rifle here in Minnesota. I tried the Arctic Shield stuff, just didn't like how it fit. Sitka is a possibility, but I'm concerned about the fit, I'm not exactly and "athlete" lol. I would like something that I can wear for early season, and then layer up for the cold rifle and late season. Anyone tried or wearing the Russell Outdoors apparel? Likes/dislikes? Scent control is not a priority for me, but comfort and silent is. Any help would be appreciated, I'm not afraid to spend some money on some quality gear.

·
Registered
VXR 31.5 TRX 40 Hamskea Axcel Bee stinger Doinker
2,927 Posts
Scent Blocker makes a pro fleece that is very warm and very quiet. The jacket has a liner that is removable. Its not designed for early season but when the temps drop they are very warm and not bulky. The only problem is that the jacket is kinda heavy. I was hunting in 15 degree weather this past fall and was able to stay warm from sun up till noon with two other layers underneath.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I tried the Scent Blocker and Scent-lok and I didn't like the fitment. I liked the fitment of the Russell APX gear. Quiet and arm pit fitment was perfect... no restriction when drawing back. Plus having them at over 60% off made it even better. Another big thing for me is, I don't like WORD LOGOS everywhere on my clothing. I'd recommend Russell. You might like it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sitka is great but it does run a little on the small side. One thing that I don't like is that there is no back tag holder. Way better quality than Arctic Shield (I have both).

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Might want to hit gander...smoking deals right now on camo. The one in Eden prairie was real good...big selection...as was brainerd.
Between the 2 stores...over 1k worth of high end camo... under 3 bills. Their gsx stuff is real nice...picked up the gsx gore 3/1 for $99..bibs $79. As well as a full scent lok top/bottom for $100. Just a fyi...they have a lot of 2x-3x stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts