Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, Thank you AT members for your patronage. I have sold many strings to my friends right here on AT.
This thread to invite even more archers to try my strings at BerryStrings !

More Ultracam colors are in stock, ready to be made into your custom string.

Brownell Crown centerserving is also in stock. Produces a really nice, tight and smoooth flat grey serving. .022 size on 16 strands of Ultracam makes for a nice medium nock fit.

An updated Jig design allows strings to be served at over 200lbs of tension, & all servings are now treated with Brownell Liquid Lok for even more stability. Endservings are treated with Brownell Cam EZ for even more wear protection.
Here's my updated Jig for all you Stringmakers:

Please feel free to list your comments, and suggestions.

Thanks again to my customers, you ARE appreciated!
Wayne Newberry

·
Registered
788 Posts
NEWBERRY
don't see you posting much these days guess your busy string making.i like the improvement on the string jig,theres no way that is going to bend.hope everything is going well and your well on your way to saving up enough for the 2004 bow.by the way that is the first time i have seen the new center serving looks interesting,i will have to give it a go.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Berry Strings

I haven't said much about Wayne's strings (Berry Stings) because I wasn't sure how much business he wanted to do?? Now that he has mentioned this.. I will speak up.

I have a set of Berry Strings and cables on my target boy (red, white & blue) and they have worked out great for me. The peep stays right everytime I pull it back. I put the set on, shot maybe 50 arrows, retimed the cams and haven't touched it since.

If you're looking for a new set of cables and strings (in about any color) give Wayne a chance, for what he charges you can't go wrong. You won't believe how FAST he builds them and gets them shipped. Stay home tonight and don't take the better half out for supper, have a light meal at home and rekindle old flames, then send Wayne the savings and you'll be about covered for your new string and cables. BUT... don't tell the better half that I said this...... tell them that clayking mentioned it:D WR

·
Banned
636 Posts
What he said!!!

I second everything WR said, Wayne makes some of the best strings I've seen or shot!

Give them a try!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind words fellas.
You're right bern, I have been really busy making strings. Schools back in now and its tough to find time!
WR, thats right on the mark, and I appreciate it. I started selling my strings as a "trial" but everything has gone so well I decided to give this invite. Thanks to you and Jim for your kind words.

·
Occam's Razor
8,322 Posts
Re: Berry Strings

WR said:

If you're looking for a new set of cables and strings (in about any color) give Wayne a chance, for what he charges you can't go wrong. You won't believe how FAST he builds them and gets them shipped. Stay home tonight and don't take the better half out for supper, have a light meal at home and rekindle old flames, then send Wayne the savings and you'll be about covered for your new string and cables. BUT... don't tell the better half that I said this...... tell them that clayking mentioned it:D WR
Dang, WR....you trying to get me in trouble............:rolleyes: how did you find out my nightly routine..... :eek: entice the little "unit" to cook up a great meal.......sweet talk.........a little wine.....:cool: ........and BAMN..........new Berry Strings............tell 'em WR sent you......:D.................ck

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Strings

clayking
Don't let WR fool ya, He has more Archery Stuff in his Basement then Cabelas. The Old Boy just bought a Quiver the other day when he has the best Quiver known to man! Said it was too good to pass up:rolleyes: I just wait till he gets tired of the stuff then buy it at 1/2 price:D
As far as Berry strings, if and when my Winners Choice wares out I'm going to give Wayne a shot. Everyone talks like they are Quality Stuff.:)

·
Occam's Razor
8,322 Posts
MOBUCK...........

"more Archery Stuff in his Basement then Cabelas"..........but yet his kids are going barefoot, his car is broke down.......all to save 2 bucks on a QUIVER.............:D

Now I notice that you have a caddying job for WR...........I'm guessing that you have a regular day job.....since he's spending all his money on quivers, which you have to carry, the pay ain't so great.............:cool: ....might I suggest a "better" agent or lawyer, I hear F. Lee Bailey has fallen on hard times and might be interested............:( ................ck

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
ck

How'd you find this anyway?:confused: I thought it had been long enough that I was in the clear;)
Barefoot kids... all I ever heard from my dad was he walked six miles to school with no shoes, I guess mine can handle a day or two?:rolleyes:
I may have to fire that caddy (now that I have my own quiver)... I think he is bending my arrows:eek: cause he never lets me win a 3d shoot.:p
Don't worry about work MOBUCK... seems I read somewhere that clayking might have trouble hiring people to work for him??:( when he gets in a bind.. we'll go down and help him out a few days:cool: might have to get us some new Levi's though??
KING... I'll need my own office with plenty of wall space for my poster's.... I mean... POSTER'S. :D :D
Don't worry about my qualifications, I don't have any.. so you can teach me how you want to.:D

No hijacking......... I'm tellinya... that Newberry makes a good string, top notch any color and flavor you want... noway you'll beat the price... he's givin those things away:eek: tell him WR sent ya. DUBBYA ARE:D :D :D ;)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Think I may have to try me some of these Berry Strings since I got some sucker to buy the quiver my dog pooped in...kidin WR :D ;) ...or am I...
Either way, I might have to get me a new set of strings...:p

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
My... My.... MY.....

micah said:
Think I may have to try me some of these Berry Strings since I got some sucker to buy the quiver my dog pooped in...kidin WR :D ;) ...or am I...
Either way, I might have to get me a new set of strings...:p
Now micah, I tried to get you down on your price and you wouldn't hardly budge, there's no way you are going to send me some FREE arrow lube:D and if you did?... I'll let MOBUCK take it the first time out.... so don't tell him;)

King... better keep a eye on micah.... I think he's got potential??:p WR

Micah... get you some Berry Strings with what I sent... it won't take near all of it... and I'm bettin you've done sillier things??:D Tell him DUBBYA ARE sent ya or I won't be able to get on the Berry String Pro Staff :D

·
Occam's Razor
8,322 Posts
Now, that's one classy quiver, a poop magnet........just what web site are these available?.............:D

So, we have a stinky quiver to go along with your stinky SCORE...........:rolleyes:

Always looking for someone who "can buy low and sell higher", not buy high and sell just a little lower...........:mad: ...........Doing it the other way, you can only make it up on VOLUME.........:D

Heck, that tat thread was a gas..........since I manage money for people all over the age of 65, and average over 70, a TAT may cause them to go into cardiac arrest........:D ......once one of those guys posted a "defiant" post back to me......well, I could not resist on that rainy day with nothing else to do around here....already wore out the little woman.........:D

WR said........."when he gets in a bind.. we'll go down and help him out a few days might have to get us some new Levi's though??".............:cool: :D .......well, make sure there cut-offs, less covering down here the better..........got jeans 10 years old and still have the price tag on 'em.........:D

........heck, they even laying us guys off these days......:cool: .........Next thing I know, I'll be making telephone calls from INDIA selling arrows, nocks, and maybe even some of those BERRY STRINGS for ole Wayne.............:D

Then maybe, I'll just go up his way, and do it full time........what say you Wayne?.........:) ......Full time archery job....and they said it couldn't be done..........lol

H I J A C K O V E R..........:D .................ck

·
Occam's Razor
8,322 Posts
Newberry said:
Yeah, I can just see CK down in india, shooting McKenzie Elephants with a big flourescent scope dot stuck in the middle of his forehead.:D
ROTFLMAO...........that got you on the King's laugh-o-meter.......:D :D :rolleyes: ;) :( ..................ck

·
Registered
334 Posts
Wayne you have mail...:D

WR...Glad to hear you got the package...Did ya get any strange arromas coming from it...:p ...ya know that stuff is slicker than snott...I think I may patend it and put it in the classifieds..:D ..That way, everytime your dog poops, you will have to pay royalties...:cool: :rolleyes: :D ;)

King...I haven't got a website for it yet, but when I do I'll post it...Something like www.beaglepoopinlube.com...:D :eek: :D

Gotta go....Catch ya'll hangin on a thread...:cool:

·
Occam's Razor
8,322 Posts
Wow, still available.....

micah.........man, you are one lucky dude.......after all these years of internet development, that that log in name is still available.........
"www.beaglepoopinlube.com"............:D

For sure, would have thought some weirdo-fetish site would have "scooped" up that clever name long before now............:D .....OR did you have to pay someone off to get it...............:rolleyes:

If you do lots of mailings, I am sure that your picture is hanging on th wall of BOTH the Post Office and UPS.......:) ........the caption underneath reads, "be leary of this man, and only pick up packages at end of day, odors likely, stench for sure,......flies are common"...........:D

AND of course, WR would buy from you......:rolleyes: ........going barefoot all the time, he's used to that mushy feeling between the toes..........:cool: :D ............

And that's "the rest of the story", good-day.............ck

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Newberry, I had the pro at the shop make me a new set-up and after 100 shots the serving came undone on the cables and the unserved endloops are fraying.:mad: I just ordered new ones from you based on all the good things I have read here. You'r prices are great too. Cant wait to get them and set up for hunting season in 2 weeks.:) Good web-site by the way. Very informative.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts