Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year I think to myself "what more can they really do to a bow" and every year I'm impressed with the new technology. Lots of fantastic new features have come out in the past few years such as integrate rest and sight mounts, deadlock cams, draw weight mods, let off mods, lower stabilizer mounts, adjustable roller guards, etc. Im curious what else do you guys think they can add? Or maybe what sort of features would you like to see in the future?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Back Yard Champion
31,574 Posts
Well, I can't think of any improvement or advancement since 2003 or 2004. Yeah, some bows caught up later on, but nothing fantastic.......

Reactions: aledub

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Well, I can't think of any improvement or advancement since 2003 or 2004. Yeah, some bows caught up later on, but nothing fantastic.......
Come on Sonny. I shot bows for a long time too and to say a 2003 bow feels like a 2021 bow is a stretch. Maybe speed hasn’t changed much but the experience has.

·
Registered
20,295 Posts
You are about 30 years late with your request, here is a pic of the one for a vertical bow.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
I also love mountain biking and some say that sport has plateaued tech wise. However now amazing technology is trickling down to cheaper bikes. A $1000 bike now has the flagship tech from $7-8000 bikes from 5-6 years ago.

now the difference between a mid level and a high level bike are becoming incremental and average riders are suited just fine with the mid level option.

I would think archery could take a similar path although I think many hunting customers are always chasing the latest and greatest even if its marketing hype.

·
Back Yard Champion
31,574 Posts
Come on Sonny. I shot bows for a long time too and to say a 2003 bow feels like a 2021 bow is a stretch. Maybe speed hasn’t changed much but the experience has.
My first Hoyt Cam&1/2 was retro fitted 2002. My 2nd Cam&1/2 was a 2004. Placed and won a ton with it. For 2005 I switched a Bowtech Old Glory. Harsh was the draw and I ordered this bow. The only way I could shoot this bow for Indoor was turn it down to 47 pounds. IAA Indoor Championship over I sold it - 4 months old. In 2006 Bowtech came out with what was called the Smoothie cam system. For 2006 I went back to Hoyt's ProElite with the Cam&1/2.

Ha I shot my 2005 ultra tec awhile a go bow that was terrible compared to the 2010 bows.
Pulled my 2000 Hoyt UltraTec out of retirement in 2005 to take 2nd place in the IAA Two Day Field Championship. Pulled it out of retirement again in 2010 to win a Money Darchery event. 7 shots for the win. It hangs on the wall to this today. No other newer bow graces my wall............

I would add that none of my target bows have had a ata of less than 37 1/2". I prefer my bows to have rotating draw modules or interchangeable modules. I could well live with a fixed 75% let off.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I shot Hoyt for my local shop for 3 years after my ultra tec. Bought a Elite xlr for my dad I set it up for him but he never got it. It out shot those Hoyts badly. My x count avg was higher then the best x count I ever shot with the hoyts. Never should of sold that one.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I’m sure there will be cameras mounted in the bows with wifi real-time shares to your favorite social media platform. I am not looking for this or hoping for it but you know someone in development is working on it.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
As for bows, I'd like to see them come up with a way to time cams via a micro adjust similar to the Deadlock cams. Without that element the system is incomplete, and you still need a press to tune the bow without tweaking d-loop position or moving the rest.

Bowtech had a system on their cams on the BTX bows a few years ago that applied pressure on the cables to microtune, and APA has a cable roller that does it at the center-ish point of the cables (along with being able to change and twist cables without a press). So it can be done.

As for other tech, I'd like to see release companies start to make 2-Stage adjustable triggers in their wrist and thumb releases. I trimmed the spring on a Carter Anti Freeze trigger shoe so it behaves like a two-stage trigger on a precision rifle, and it's a nice way to loose an arrow.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I’m sure there will be cameras mounted in the bows with wifi real-time shares to your favorite social media platform. I am not looking for this or hoping for it but you know someone in development is working on it.
APA has had a threaded hole up by the top limb pocket for mounting a GoPro for years.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
Every year I think to myself "what more can they really do to a bow" and every year I'm impressed with the new technology. Lots of fantastic new features have come out in the past few years such as integrate rest and sight mounts, deadlock cams, draw weight mods, let off mods, lower stabilizer mounts, adjustable roller guards, etc. Im curious what else do you guys think they can add? Or maybe what sort of features would you like to see in the future?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
hopefully nothing............all these foolish things are a good reason for them to charge an arm and a leg for their products......absolutely do not need any of those ridiculous features

·
Registered
411 Posts
That would be bad for those of us in states that don't allow battery operated devices attached to the bow.
Yea but if there is money to be made they will have the rules changed. I’m just thinking where technology could go not that I am wanting that technology.
I think this technology is going too far but that is just me. These have batteries
Bet the rules will change.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yea but if there is money to be made they will have the rules changed. I’m just thinking where technology could go not that I am wanting that technology.
I think this technology is going too far but that is just me. These have batteries
Bet the rules will change.
Yep, can't use rangefinder sights here. Can't even use the LED lit quivers that Trophy Ridge makes.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts