Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Must be fer 3-D shoots. Ain't no one going to take time to fiddle with that raising & lowering while hunting! :eek:

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
I agree

but some folks will like the concept. It's all good because crossbow shooters will have more choices. We'll see how this one shakes out. HHA Sports makes good stuff. We used their bases in conjunction with the Zeiss Z-Point reflex sight for vertical bows.

·
Registered
419 Posts
It is an aftermarket retrofitable dial a range.

Wow that is innovation. What is old is new again.

Moon is right. Some will like it. Like the old addage says: The more you mess with the plumbing...

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
Raises the scope some...that may be problematic on some bows. HHA does make good quality stuff though...

Wyvern

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Press release

HHA Speed Dial Press Release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 15 years of dominating the one pin bow sight market with its Optimizer Series, HHA Sports is bringing their single point aiming technology to crossbows. The revolutionary Optimizer Speed Dial uses your existing scope or red dot and HHA’s patented Speed Tape System to provide accuracy never before seen on a crossbow. Fast, 2 bolt installation of this rock-solid, 7 oz. CNC machined aluminum marvel will have you shooting 2” groups at 60 yards and 4” groups at 80 yards in minutes. Simply sight in at 20 and 60 yards, select your customized tape and you’re dialed in from 20 to 80…by the yard! Optimizer Speed Dial fits most of today’s popular crossbows and covers speeds from 260 to 410 FPS. Contact HHA Sports at 800-548-7812 and at www.hhasports.com.
YOU CAN USE A VERY GOOD OPTICS ON THIS AND RED DOTS.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It is an aftermarket retrofitable dial a range.

Wow that is innovation. What is old is new again.

Moon is right. Some will like it. Like the old addage says: The more you mess with the plumbing...
Unlike the dial a range, you can dial it in to the yard, not 10 yard increments. It also can accommodate a wide range of speed. I like it.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
As Wyvern said

Scope height could be a problem, especially on some crossbows. I was wondering when someone would do this:)

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
scope height?

This lets you adjust your accuracy to one yard increments..not 10 yard increments on a multirericlescope like the hawke.
and you can use your favorite high quaity optics you already own in a single crosshair, like Nikon Leopold etc, top of the line optics in a bigger sight piture, I will take one yard adjustments over 10 yard adjustments anyday

can be used with the new to be released crossbow laser scope for even further accuracy, The top IBO crossbow shooters are using 50mm scopes at short range for maximum clarity on there targets, this will be a great add on for themorjust anyone wanting to use there favorite highdollar hunting scope bigger then 30mm,
BB gun size optics IMHO.

You will see some never before seen great shoots using this new system from HHA

If your a 20 max shooter its not for you, its for people who want to see how far they can shoot there arrows for fun accuratly I see 3-d and hunting both using these in large quanitys, I know I have one ordered for my shooting pleasure,
for those of you who shoot 3-d verticle bows it been done this way for many years for the best results in shooting/archery sports, not multi reticle scopes, a single pin with this adjustment is the way it is proven to be done by top archery pros for many years and HHa make the best.
I shoot 70 yards with my verticle bow with this HHA set up for many years now., simply it works very well..
dont knock it till you try it thousands of shooters use and love
this HHA setup on there verticle bows and soon on there crossbows, and you can bet HHA has well tested them.

I have seen may post of crossbow shooters wanting to shoot 80 to 100 yards, This is what you need..

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Another option

This will allow an option other than a mullti-reticled scope. It also allows the option of a very hi quality scope, if desired. We have three choices now: 1) fixed scope and hold over/under, 2) a multi-reticled scope,and 3) a single x-hair scope with quality dial-a-range. I choose #3.

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
Choice #4...there is a new scope from Parker that looks very interesting...info on that should be out soon...

Wyvern

·
Registered
67 Posts
Answer To Speed Dial Raising Scope Height

While it does add a little dimension between the scope and the crossbow stock, it only requires 1/8" of lift to adjust a scope from 20 to 80 yards on an average crossbow and less than that on faster bows.

Chris Hamm
HHA Sports

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like the concept

While it does add a little dimension between the scope and the crossbow stock, it only requires 1/8" of lift to adjust a scope from 20 to 80 yards on an average crossbow and less than that on faster bows.

Chris Hamm
HHA Sports
I may have to try one of these bad boys. Will it fit on my StrykeForce.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Scope height could be a problem, especially on some crossbows. I was wondering when someone would do this:)
Wolfszeit, about 3 years ago is when I became aware of them.

1. Excal specific
2. gotta make your own ref marks
3. 1 & 2 don't matter, he won't ship to USA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Imation is the sweetest form of flattery

I have been making something like this for 2 years now in my pole barn and I'll put mine up against theirs any time. Still I wish them the best of luck with their new product. No doubt their advertising will help me as well. This may put a big dent in chinese crossbow scope sales.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts