Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
...Get Some!!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new day pack, mainly for tree stand hunting but also for occasional stalks. I need room to organize binos, rangefinder, calls, rattle horns, knives, drinks, snacks, and all that other "stuff". The other must haves are the pack has to have provisions to strap outer layers to- bibs and coat- and also be made of silent material. I looked at some Badlands packs last week but they were very loud in cold temps. I think I have it narrowed down to these three- Sitka Toolbox, Sitka Flash 20, and the Hornhunter G2. Does anyone have any input or comparison between these packs?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have a sitka tool box, and it's perfect in every way. All the compartments are very well thought out and designed. It is a huge upgrade over my badlands treestand pack. I saw a dude on youtube that put a plastic cereal container in the main compartment of his sitka tool box to give it more rigidity and stability. Mine will have one next fall.

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
I have the horn hunter g3...It is an outstanding pack,I am glad I purchased it.I can attach all my winter clothing...bibs,winter coat,bow etc..and walk 1/2 mile in a blizzard in a foot of snow and it is a comfortable walk to the stand.I would not hesitate to get the g2.....Grizz

·
Registered
876 Posts
Alps outdoor pursuit pack is what I use it's a great pack for the money.
Yep. Just got one for $70. Can't beat it for the price, and has everything I need, and big enough to pack out a de-boned deer if empty. The inside material is kind of loud but outside is quiet.

OP, It has everything you want plus has a lot more room than the other packs you are looking at.

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
4,462 Posts
Yep. Just got one for $70. Can't beat it for the price, and has everything I need, and big enough to pack out a de-boned deer if empty. The inside material is kind of loud but outside is quiet.

OP, It has everything you want plus has a lot more room than the other packs you are looking at.
I have one too, works good for me

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Might also want to look at badlands treestand pack...I just got one after comparing it to the Horn Hunter G3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
Check out the Horn Hunter line of packs. Owned a few packs, badlands, alps. Look at the G2, or the G3.
I own the G3, excellent pack!!

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Check out the Horn Hunter line of packs. Owned a few packs, badlands, alps. Look at the G2, or the G3.
I own the G3, excellent pack!!
Same here. Tried various brands before getting s G2. Haven’t found one better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
...Get Some!!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all of the input. I was pretty convinced on a Sitka Toolbox but I came across a good deal on a G2 pack in the classifiedes and went with it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts