Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really liked the idea of the building your own target. I haven't seen any customized like this one so I thought I would share how I did it. I found the silhouette images I wanted and imported into AutoCAD. I traced them so I would only be printing lines instead of the silhouette, I didn't want to waste ink. I created my box in AutoCAD at 4'x4' and scaled my traced animals in to fit inside the 4x4. Then I printed them at a 1:1 scale. Then my wife and I cut them out and then traced them on cardboard. That way if I ever needed to repaint them from fading it would be quick and easy. I only have $45 invested in the target. I got scrap 2x12's free from work, Old blue exterior paint from another project. I had to buy a can of black spray paint, target skins and furring strips for trim. I had everything else on the farm. I used shrink wrap, old pool tarp, clothes, blankets, etc...I'm shooting about 292 fps now and only have about 7" of my arrow in the target at 20 yards. Thanks to everyone that posted about these targets. Cat Tail Art Black cat Visual arts
Black cat Cat Tail Art

·
Registered
36 Posts
Another way to do this if you do not want to cut out the stencils is to tape the target to the tv and or light box or anything to that fashion and bring up the image you want. I connect my computer to the tv and then bring up the image i want. Koala Toy Bear Textile Stuffed toy
Then you can just trace it with pencil or something that will not bleed through, and then use a sharpie to color in the image. Works really well and is very easy to do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts