Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
3,319 Posts
There has been some discussion on how the Epek broadhead performs so I have linked a couple of Youtube video's that are new from Epek and shows the results of the broadhead in a buffalo. Not a professional video but informative. It may answer some of your questions and concerns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF4ya60NYV0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa4MfyQ6I0o
Scott, when did you guys go on this hunt? I played with the newest head last weekend at the ISE with "G" and heard some rumors running round that you'd been out hunting...

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott, when did you guys go on this hunt? I played with the newest head last weekend at the ISE with "G" and heard some rumors running round that you'd been out hunting...
We were doing these Bison hunts during the last two weeks of February. Hunts is a bit of an exaduration. ha ha. These were harvests but wanted to see how the head performed in the biggest animals.

· Banned
3,149 Posts
We were doing these Bison hunts during the last two weeks of February. Hunts is a bit of an exaduration. ha ha. These were harvests but wanted to see how the head performed in the biggest animals.
I'm glad you said it....what a joke

· Registered
812 Posts
I like the broahead but hated the video. Shooting a buffalo through a fence??? Thanks for giving the PETA freaks some ammunition. :cry:

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the broahead but hated the video. Shooting a buffalo through a fence??? Thanks for giving the PETA freaks some ammunition. :cry:
The Buffalo happened to be walking along the fence. The fence was between him and the shooter. He had acres and acres to go the other way. Like I said, it was NEVER said to be a hunt. If they had the butcher come do the job, he would have pulled up in his kill truck with all of the gear and shot it with a rifle between the eyes fence or no fence. If an arrow is a leathal killing tactic in the mountains then why not in the coral for testing purposes? This however was not in a coral but in a huge wooded area that the Buffalo just happened to be walking near the fence. He was not trapped or penned against it. Bottom line was to see where the arrow was placed and what it did to a buffalo. The penatration was something that needed to be shown as well. Thanx for your concern and I hope that I put your mind at rest a bit.

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe I fell asleep or something, but I didn't see anything convincing to make me want to buy, let alone shoot this broadhead.
I realize that some people will complain if they are hung with a NEW rope. I also realize that there are some that are content with what they like and will bash anything that is NOT what they currently like. I am not trying to convince them of anything new. I am simply stating that there is NOT a more accurate broadhead on the planet. There is NOT a broadhead that will hit WHERE your field points hit more accurately than this broadhead does. Those are bold statements but are true. I am only showing that they actually turn into broadheads and the damage that they do. ALL broadheads will kill animals if hit it the right place.........The problem is that not all broadheads hit in the right place because of aerodynamics, tuning, etc...So bottom line shoot what you may but there is a more accurate solution. :)

· Registered
3,792 Posts
I realize that some people will complain if they are hung with a NEW rope. I also realize that there are some that are content with what they like and will bash anything that is NOT what they currently like. I am not trying to convince them of anything new. I am simply stating that there is NOT a more accurate broadhead on the planet. There is NOT a broadhead that will hit WHERE your field points hit more accurately than this broadhead does. Those are bold statements but are true. I am only showing that they actually turn into broadheads and the damage that they do. ALL broadheads will kill animals if hit it the right place.........The problem is that not all broadheads hit in the right place because of aerodynamics, tuning, etc...So bottom line shoot what you may but there is a more accurate solution. :)

I liked the video and that's a good way to test broadheads. I have to disagree with you about BH accuracy. I can shoot field points, replace them with the Montecs I hunt with and hit the same spot. I'm not doubting how well this BH performs I just think it's a little bold to say no other BH can do the same thing. Keep the videos coming I really did like them.

· Registered
25,350 Posts
cool. are these heads barbed or do the flip up when pulling them out?

and no one should complain out the animals shot. it said they were not hunting them just harvesting them. why have a butcher kill it when you can test a new head on it and still get it butchered?

also how much for these heads?

i assume $40 for 3 right?

· Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
There is NOT a broadhead that will hit WHERE your field points hit more accurately than this broadhead does. Those are bold statements but are true. I am only showing that they actually turn into broadheads and the damage that they do. ALL broadheads will kill animals if hit it the right place.........The problem is that not all broadheads hit in the right place because of aerodynamics, tuning, etc...So bottom line shoot what you may but there is a more accurate solution. :)
You really need to come up with a better sales pitch than that. Still, I like seeing big furry creatures shot.

And I would complain about being hung with a new rope.;)

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I liked the video and that's a good way to test broadheads. I have to disagree with you about BH accuracy. I can shoot field points, replace them with the Montecs I hunt with and hit the same spot. I'm not doubting how well this BH performs I just think it's a little bold to say no other BH can do the same thing. Keep the videos coming I really did like them.
Thanx for the kind words........to clear up the statement...I didn't say that there was not another broadhead that could do what this one does. I said that there is NOT a broadhead that is MORE accurate. They could be the same because this one hits in the same place at every distance that has been shot up to 120 yards. :) Montec is a great head and I'm happy they fly well for you.

cool. are these heads barbed or do the flip up when pulling them out?

and no one should complain out the animals shot. it said they were not hunting them just harvesting them. why have a butcher kill it when you can test a new head on it and still get it butchered?

also how much for these heads?

i assume $40 for 3 right?
They are NOT barbed and the blades all roll forward when there is no pressure on them to be held back like in forward momentum.

Yes they are at $39.95 for a 3 pack.

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You really need to come up with a better sales pitch than that. Still, I like seeing big furry creatures shot.

And I would complain about being hung with a new rope.;)
Ha ha...........I am just a rookie at sales pitches.......the rope thing, I heard from my parents during my teenage years. :)

· Registered
3,319 Posts
Ha ha...........I am just a rookie at sales pitches.......the rope thing, I heard from my parents during my teenage years. :)
Wow Scott, I didn't realize my post would get so many guys to suddenly pay attention and piss and moan about the video... I agree... shoot'em with what you got and spare the fees to the butcher! i am looking to get some "wild" sheep for the ranch so we can do some better testing on live targets too...

ps, the shop is for sale:cry:

· Registered
5,236 Posts
Thanks for the product test.
X2. I have no problem with killing an animal in a fence that is going to be eaten with a bow. My dad has a 1/2 grown calf (black angus) that is refusing to corral up and go to market. I wish he would just send me and my bow to end the trouble and afterwards we just take him to the locker. More fun than using a .22 bullet to the brain and you get to try out your archery equipment on it.:darkbeer:

· XX78 User
5,019 Posts
Elk22,

Hey, your broadhead design looks to be pretty awesome.:darkbeer: I have not seen the head up close and I was wondering about the strength of the blades. They appear to be a little thin, and I was wondering if you have any pictures or experiences where you actually hit a deer's scapula (shoulder bone). I figure if it stays intact hitting that bone, it would be a winner with all things considered. I was just curious. Thanks

· Registered
3,792 Posts
Thanx for the kind words........to clear up the statement...I didn't say that there was not another broadhead that could do what this one does. I said that there is NOT a broadhead that is MORE accurate. They could be the same because this one hits in the same place at every distance that has been shot up to 120 yards. :) Montec is a great head and I'm happy they fly well for you.

They are NOT barbed and the blades all roll forward when there is no pressure on them to be held back like in forward momentum.

Yes they are at $39.95 for a 3 pack.

I got ya Elk, you have peeked my curiosity. Where can I buy a pack to try out?

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Elk22,

Hey, your broadhead design looks to be pretty awesome.:darkbeer: I have not seen the head up close and I was wondering about the strength of the blades. They appear to be a little thin, and I was wondering if you have any pictures or experiences where you actually hit a deer's scapula (shoulder bone). I figure if it stays intact hitting that bone, it would be a winner with all things considered. I was just curious. Thanks

Fortunately we have not hit any deer scapula's by accident. We have however shot into a spine of a 275 lb. domestic pig as well as the shoulder. A bit crude sounding but we made a kill shot on the pig and then put a few more ill placed shots to see the results. The head has held up in every instance and out of the 30 or so killed animals, we have had only 1 broken blade. That is 90 chances to break a blade and only one has broken. One other did break the pin that holds the blade in so I guess in a way that could add up to 2.

To answer Kansas Bruisers, there are a few online stores that carry them and it would be wrong for me to list one and forget another so I will say that you could do a google search or I know there is one that is on the AT sponsors section. You will see there threads of the Epek. You can also contact them through www.epekhunting.com. They will not sell them to you but if you have your archery shop contact them, they will sell to the shop and thus to you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.