Archery Talk Forum banner

"New, faster M2 Pro cam" ??!!!! - My theory

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  pintojk 
#1 ·
Here's my theory on the "new and improved M2 Pro cam" and its higher speeds.... the '08 Cheetah and Bengal models WERE ADVERTISED to be 315-320 IBO capable... one problem with that claim - THEY AREN'T!!! I have done a lot of chrony testing with my '08 Cheetah and I've read plenty of posts on here from other Cheetah and Bengal shooters. Neither myself or any of the other shooters are posting speeds that are consistent with a 315-320 IBO rating! So, the new M2 Pro cam likely IS faster and is now actually capable of reaching the advertised speeds.

I believe that Martin is basically admitting that that their old IBO numbers were inflated by saying that the new cam is faster yet giving it the exact same specs as the '08 bows. Just my conspiracy theory. :rolleyes:

#14 · (Edited)
quick thought ..... looking at your sig I'm assuming you're using around a 28" 5575, with your nock, insert, and FOB that would make your arrow weight around 285 gr.

with a 75 gr. broadhead approx. 360 gr. total, just over IBO.

take off 2" of draw length, add a DLoop and peep etc. etc. etc. you're about 8-9 FPS slower than my calculations as to what your speed should be.

Again this is without knowing what your exact set up is.

Throw in a variable of a pound or two in draw weight, cam position, chrono, tuning etc. etc. etc. that's not too shabby in my books.

Hope that helps :)

PintoJK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.