Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you buy the new Grizz Trick 2's in the 4 Pack?

If so, do you have a gap between the blades and the washer when you tighten the heads down on your shafts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
Oh boy I better buy some of the old packs while I can

·
Registered
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If there's a gap, they won't spin. I went round and round with them on the design.

I won't buy any until I find out if they have the gap or or not.

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
If there's a gap, they won't spin. I went round and round with them on the design.

I won't buy any until I find out if they have the gap or or not.
Wait for that new steel force ... It's going to be a monster

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Ya they were hoping by the end of the month

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Tag

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I bought a 4 pack for broadhead league. They all spun good never noticed a gap. Shooting great out of my E35. Did break one though. Hit something hard in bunker. Buddy ruined a Shuttle T in same bunker the next week.

·
Registered
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought a 4 pack for broadhead league. They all spun good never noticed a gap. Shooting great out of my E35. Did break one though. Hit something hard in bunker. Buddy ruined a Shuttle T in same bunker the next week.
Appreciated! Thanks!!

·
Registered
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update to my new packs of Grizz Tricks.:

After emailing back and forth with TOG on what I believe to be design flaws in the new GT2's, they assured me the heads would spin well in the current configuration. I just received my new 4 packs from Bass Pro.

My original emails were in response to purchasing 2 packs last year. Those heads had large gaps between the washer and and shoulder of the head. The heads spun badly and I returned them to my local shop.

To the new packs I received:

They are 100% the same as last years with no design changes to my dismay. There is a large gap where I mentioned before. It does not matter what side of the washer you use. The washer contacts a 45° bevel on the back of the blades, creating the gap. If those bevels are not exact the same distance to the shoulder of the bh, they will and do runout. As you torque down the head, it can tip to one side.

These are no where near the standard to which Gary Cooper used to make them. I still have GT2 heads from Gary's last year of production and they spin like a QAD Exodus. There is no gap, the washer holds the blades tight to the shoulder and no runout.

I had high hopes that Elite would continue with the heritage of high quality at working man's prices. It is not the case...

Sorry for the long winded response as these were my go to heads. The ones I compared all others to.

It is time for me to move on.

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Update to my new packs of Grizz Tricks.:

After emailing back and forth with TOG on what I believe to be design flaws in the new GT2's, they assured me the heads would spin well in the current configuration. I just received my new 4 packs from Bass Pro.

My original emails were in response to purchasing 2 packs last year. Those heads had large gaps between the washer and and shoulder of the head. The heads spun badly and I returned them to my local shop.

To the new packs I received:

They are 100% the same as last years with no design changes to my dismay. There is a large gap where I mentioned before. It does not matter what side of the washer you use. The washer contacts a 45° bevel on the back of the blades, creating the gap. If those bevels are not exact the same distance to the shoulder of the bh, they will and do runout. As you torque down the head, it can tip to one side.

These are no where near the standard to which Gary Cooper used to make them. I still have GT2 heads from Gary's last year of production and they spin like a QAD Exodus. There is no gap, the washer holds the blades tight to the shoulder and no runout.

I had high hopes that Elite would continue with the heritage of high quality at working man's prices. It is not the case...

Sorry for the long winded response as these were my go to heads. The ones I compared all others to.

It is time for me to move on.
Thanks for the update ... Sad to see that too

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
I worried about this being the case also with the transition. What a shame. I will try and get some of the old packs still on shelves of the GT2's and Magnums so that I can pull one out from time to time and sling one for ole Gary.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I just received my second pack of four Grizz tricks now the second pack has a gap between the washer and blades. The one I tested shot good and spun good.

·
Registered
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
These are not total junk. It may have sounded that way in my post. They do not spin near as true as the first gen GT2's.

Another thought of this design and the gap: My thinking is the ferrule will have no where near the support it needs to stay together on extreme impact. The head is only resting on 4 points of the washer. If the head was built as they were originally, the washer would seat on the blades and the shoulder of the head, providing more tensile and torsional strength and rigidity.

I've noted a few threads where guys were saying the broke GT2's right at that point and my belief is the the heads are just plain weak at that point.

Timmy, I had the 3 packs from last year and they're exactly the same as the new 4 packs. You may have to go back one production run before last year to get the best batch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts