Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Getting my hunting license this year and have a wicked ridge crossbow and just ordered an elite impulse 34 to get into bow hunting. Would appreciate any tips or md knowledge you guys have.

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy, Reign 6
2,761 Posts
I'm in Baltimore myself. Ann Arundel Archers is a great range to get acquainted with. Unfortunately not many good shops near us. If you need help setting up the impulse I have a draw board and the tools. Avoid Macrotec if you can.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in Baltimore myself. Ann Arundel Archers is a great range to get acquainted with. Unfortunately not many good shops near us. If you need help setting up the impulse I have a draw board and the tools. Avoid Macrotec if you can.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I would love the assistance in getting it tuned. I also need help picking arrows and a release if you’re able. Not sure if you have any I can try out. Send me your #

·
Registered
605 Posts

Jason just opened up this shop months ago. It's close by. He's great and will also teach you along the way! Lancaster authorized dealer as well. Otherwise, I agree about the lack of quality bow shops in the dc area

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm north of Baltimore The best places to go for help and equipment needs is Lancaster Archery Supply but if you need work on your bow I'd go to Xtreme Archery in York PA. Another club to look at is Vingt Neuf Bowman Archery club they are more expensive then Anne Arundel Archers but they have an indoor range. I'm a member of both they both have good ranges.

·
Registered
2009 PSE bow madness xs
657 Posts
Welcome to AT and getting into archery. I personally enjoy it and being in the outdoors. Remember it’s all about having fun don’t get frustrated

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As for arrows,

What is your draw weight, draw length and intended use? Those will be a good starting point to get you rolling with some arrows to start out with.
Thanks for commenting;
My draw weightis 60lb
Length: is 27…I measured myself at 26.5 but the smallest mod was 27 for my bow so I went with that
Use: for hunting

I have 400 spline gold tip hunter xt measuring 27.5 with 100 grain field tips to correspond to my 100 grain broadheads

·
Registered
271 Posts
Off topic, but since there are some Md guys in here recently I figured I would ask here:

Does anyone know if Heart of Maryland 3D shoot this Sunday July 11 is open to nonmembers and what the time is? Can’t find a number to call anywhere, and sent message on their website but haven’t heard back. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Also I’m in Harford if your ever up this way, pretty neat public range at Susquehanna State Park.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Vingt Neuf Bowman Archery club in White Marsh does a 3d shoot (practice) on Tuesdays that is open to the public 5pm to dark for $10.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks for commenting;
My draw weightis 60lb
Length: is 27…I measured myself at 26.5 but the smallest mod was 27 for my bow so I went with that

I have 400 spline gold tip hunter xt measuring 27.5 with 100 grain field tips to correspond to my 100 grain broadheads
Those should do just fine, plus since you already have them it wouldn't make sense not to use them. A solid arrow and correct spine for your draw weight and heads(you could probably drop a bit in spine to say a 340-350 if you wanted to add some weight but again since you have them, use them) I think you will be happy with them.

·
Back Yard Champion
31,953 Posts
Thanks for commenting;
My draw weightis 60lb

Hoping you measured yourself wrong. Seems most bows check long for draw length. 1/2" is really huge when it comes right down to fit.....Actual you and release will govern draw length fit.

You have arrows and yet to have a bow?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hoping you measured yourself wrong. Seems most bows check long for draw length. 1/2" is really huge when it comes right down to fit.....Actual you and release will govern draw length fit.

You have arrows and yet to have a bow?
I have an elite impulse 34. I’ve pretty much got everything now except except a rangefinder with angle compensation and the skills/knowledge yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts