Archery Talk Forum banner

New guy here checking things out.

536 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Earl 
#1 ·
Hello all.

I'm a new to archery, but not new to hunting. Moose, bear and deer hunting with a bow is what has attracted me to the sport. I dont currently have a bow, but I have had a little experience shooting them and I have a few crossbows. Excaliburs of course :) :) :)

I was pointed here by a fellow on a Canadian gun forum that I frequent. I posted a wanted to buy ad there looking for a bow but really couldnt find what I was looking for. (It is a gun forum after all) I'm a short draw archer wich makes it hard for me to find what I'm looking for on the used market because most bows I have found are 27"+ draw lengths. I can draw that far, but the string would be behind my ear.:) I have found a 25-25.5" draw with a string loop and a mechanical release is about right for me.

I have done quite a bit of reading here already, but I figured I would register and get involved. My main purpose comming here was to check out the classified ads and see if I could find the right bow for me, but now that I'm here I have found a ton of useful information.

Looks like a great board,

GTH

See less See more
#2 ·
Set A While

Put your feet up,You've got a lot to learne, and this is the place to be.The best way to find a bow ,is go to an archery shop in your area or range and try out everything you can get your hands on.A bow is a very personable thing.One may feel wright to you and not the next guy.Once you have found one that feels good to you,thats half the work.There is a ton of stuff on the want adds here.They are a lot cheeper here than new at the shops.Unless you have an extra 1000. $ laying around, :mg: and thats just the bow.Don't get me wrong,there are a lot of good bows, that are a lot cheeper.The 1000. is on the high end.I know,I just bought one last week. :cry:

Larry

#4 ·
tree stand said:
The best way to find a bow ,is go to an archery shop in your area or range and try out everything you can get your hands on.A bow is a very personable thing.One may feel wright to you and not the next guy.Once you have found one that feels good to you,thats half the work.

Been there already, my buddy has a small bow shop and I have had the pleasure of trying everything he has. I really like the Browning bows so far. the Rage and the f5 Tornado felt really good in my hands. He also had some $1000 dollar bows that I tried. Guess I'm not enough of a discerning archer yet to tell the difference. :smile:

#7 ·
welcome to AT. there is heaps here to see, learn and do. so hang around a bit and we'll try to keep outta trouble.....................well i did say try :mg: :teeth:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.