Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Bowtech Vital Impact(Diamond "The Rock"). I got it home and i have shot about a hundred arrows through it. Since then i've changed two things. 1) I moved the set screw that controls the valley on it a half mark. 2) I added a string loop. My problem is that i have to aim 6-8 inches higher on the target so that i can hit my mark. Can anyone tell me why?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
New Guy

I just bought a Bowtech Vital Impact(Diamond "The Rock"). I got it home and i have shot about a hundred arrows through it. Since then i've changed two things. 1) I moved the set screw that controls the valley on it a half mark. 2) I added a string loop. My problem is that i have to aim 6-8 inches higher on the target so that i can hit my mark. Can anyone tell me why?
First welcome to AT. Second, I would check the position of the string loop, you probably didnt get it in the exact spot the nock point used to be in its now probably higher than it used to be. A very slight adjustment to the nock height will make big changes in your point of impact. Slide your loop knot down on the string a little to correct the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it worked.Thanks again. I think i'm going to take it in and have a pro look at it to make sure everything looks ok. I am getting a good group in a 2"x2" square @ 20 yards. so i'm pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Just so you can sleep well picture this! Before you had a loop the release hooked below the nock, now the loop makes the release pull from directly behind the nock. This in effect lowered your rear sight and making your shots hit low. Slide your peep up the 3/16 or so and you will be back on target. If your peep wont move then move the sight to fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts