Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I'm just getting back into bowhunting. I moved away from my hometown and didn't know anybody with land to hunt on here in Minnesota. I finally got to know somebody with a 120 acre farm and now I'm back into hunting. I'm shooting the same bow I shot 15 years ago. I need to upgrade but I'm not exactly sure how to get started and what to look for. If anybody has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
:welcome: 2 ArcheryTalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
Bows have changed a lot in 15 years

Hi everybody. I'm just getting back into bowhunting. I moved away from my hometown and didn't know anybody with land to hunt on here in Minnesota. I finally got to know somebody with a 120 acre farm and now I'm back into hunting. I'm shooting the same bow I shot 15 years ago. I need to upgrade but I'm not exactly sure how to get started and what to look for. If anybody has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance.
I use to shoot a Barnett 60# bow with no let-off and that was OK because I didn't know any difference then but now there are so many bows available and some at good prices. I myself have not shot for the past 18 years and bought a used PSE off e-bay for $100.00 and had to put new strings and cables on it and sights and rest but still have a very nice shooting 2004 model for under $400.00. I recommend getting a used bow and shooting to get back into the sport then you will meet lots of folks and find what kind of bow you want to upgrade to. That's better than spending $800 to find you like something better in a few months. Just my 2 cents worth and it worked for me.

Welcome to AT!!

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Welcome to AT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts