Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..
I've recently decided to try the noble sport of traditional archery (not hunting, just you know ... fun ) ..
So i was wondering if someone could PM me so i can ask them a couple of things.. You know for first bow,things i must know etc..
THAAAAANKS!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
PM any of us in the trad section and we will be glad to help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
731 Posts
It's good idea to read through this section and look at the old posts... LOTS of information here that you should take a some time to research.

You can ask questions here on the forum too - just don't ask with at least using the search function :)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Budget is a great place to start. We'll be glad to help you spend your hard earned money, so it's a good idea to have a line drawn in the sand to keep things real.
The word Traditional covers a wide range of bows these days, so if you can give us a better idea of the bow type you'd be interested in, that would also help. Long bows, Recurve, one piece bow, ILF, Bolt down, wood, metal.... You have some options.
For entry level, the 62" Samick Sage comes up often, while the 64" Samick Journey a bow identical outside of 2" of length, might actually be the better choice for many people to start with.
An inexpensive ILF riser has it's pluses for versatility. You can start with a set of 20-22 pound limbs to learn and practice form with and then add heavier draw weight as you gain strength and your form solidifies.
The archery world is full of beautiful custom wood bows of all types and all budgets $$$

So a budget first, be it $200 ~ $2000 and a little more info on what bow type interests you will help narrow it down a little.

Best of luck,
GB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Spend $20 and get the book "Shooting the Stickbow". Best place to start that I can think of.

·
Mildly delusional
2,758 Posts
Hello, sir!

There are many helpful people on here. Some of the most solid advice you could hope for will come off of this forum.

The others are right we need to know your budget, and the types of bow that interest you before anything else. Without those, it will turn into a bunch of unfocused babble with the biggest fanboys screaming the loudest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts