Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new limb activated rest to go on my Hoyt CS ZT 34 for 3-D . I've narrowed it down to these 2 . I know the new Hamskea hasn't been on the
market long enough to probably get a good review but I've used a QAD for many years and have no experience with the limb activated rest . Just wanting
some advice from those that have used them . Thanks .

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Couple of threads going on now about the Hamskea Hybrid Hunter. Best rest I've ever used.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I own a Pro Drop but the Hamskea is a better rest. It's a well built rest but there are a few small things I don't care for on it. I had to modify it to get the spring tension right for my setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Couple of threads going on now about the Hamskea Hybrid Hunter. Best rest I've ever used.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yea I seen that after I started this thread . Thanks for the reply though . I was pretty much was settled on the Hamskea but I went to shop today to see if he had them in yet
and the pro said he set up a bow with the AAE pro drop the other day and said it was a really good rest but he didn't try to push it on me and he did say he has Hamskeas
on both his bows . I have never used either so I was just trying to get some info , thanks .

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I own a Pro Drop but the Hamskea is a better rest. It's a well built rest but there are a few small things I don't care for on it. I had to modify it to get the spring tension right for my setup.

I owned the AAE cable driven drop away for a short while but didn't like it as good as the QAD so I went back to the QAD . How did you like the steel cable instead of the cord ?
Thanks .

·
Registered
8,987 Posts
Hamskea and its not even close!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Does anybody know how long it takes to get the new hamskea hunter hybrid? I had my dealer order one 2 weeks ago and it still hasnt shown up. He did say there rep will be at the shop this tuesday though so Im hoping he can get it by then since the halons sitting there waiting for me to shoot it

·
Archery Addict
5,657 Posts
I have a Pro Drop on my 3D bow now but am getting ready to order a Hamskea Hybrid Target Pro Micro in the next couple of days

·
Registered
24,136 Posts
I've never seen the AAE, but own three Hamskea HHP rests. Once I got by the mental obstacle of the long activation cable, this rest has proven to be excellent.

·
Straight Shooter
5,739 Posts
I've never seen the AAE, but own three Hamskea HHP rests. Once I got by the mental obstacle of the long activation cable, this rest has proven to be excellent.
Hey Alaska, I bumped this old thread because I'm deciding on these 2 currently.

You running your HHP with the spring or do you have the cord attached directly to the rest? I had a Trinity on my RX3 and sold it with the bow simply because I was convinced it was noisy and also convinced the noise was from the spring that the activation cord attached to.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I don't think the AAE pro drop is in the same league as the hamskea however i have never seen the AAE Pro Drop break or fail. For Limb Driven, Hamskea is in a league of their own.

·
Straight Shooter
5,739 Posts
I don't think the AAE pro drop is in the same league as the hamskea however i have never seen the AAE Pro Drop break or fail. For Limb Driven, Hamskea is in a league of their own.
But you prefer cable driven?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
But you prefer cable driven?
depends on what i am doing. My favorite cable driven is the AAE prophecy hands down, i took off the HHP to try it and it tuned up so easy i don't want to take it off. My favorite limb driven is the Hamskea for sure either the HHP or the Trinity. I believe the HHP is just as good as the trinity. I would be happy with either the AAE Prophecy or HHP/Trinity for the rest of my life. Those are my two recommendations for the different rest styles.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hey Alaska, I bumped this old thread because I'm deciding on these 2 currently.

You running your HHP with the spring or do you have the cord attached directly to the rest? I had a Trinity on my RX3 and sold it with the bow simply because I was convinced it was noisy and also convinced the noise was from the spring that the activation cord attached to.
I’ve had both and liked the Hamskea the most but has choose to shoot the AAE over the Hamskea. I know, probably doesn’t make sense. Let me break it down. Both are built very well. The Hamskea has more adjustment and is slightly heavier. The AAE is very simple and equally as accurate. Aae can be ran off the cable, limb, or a blade... I know the Hamskea can run off the limb or as a blade but not sure about being ran off the cable. Ultimately, I would pick the Hamskea as a target rest exclusively but since i do something hinting, i choose the AAE because I prefer the arrow containment piece that is attached to the launder rod. Again, I am just as accusing both. I also have a second AAE that I would consider selling. So, if you choose to go that way, just pm me when you have made up your mind.

·
Straight Shooter
5,739 Posts
I’ve had both and liked the Hamskea the most but has choose to shoot the AAE over the Hamskea. I know, probably doesn’t make sense. Let me break it down. Both are built very well. The Hamskea has more adjustment and is slightly heavier. The AAE is very simple and equally as accurate. Aae can be ran off the cable, limb, or a blade... I know the Hamskea can run off the limb or as a blade but not sure about being ran off the cable. Ultimately, I would pick the Hamskea as a target rest exclusively but since i do something hinting, i choose the AAE because I prefer the arrow containment piece that is attached to the launder rod. Again, I am just as accusing both. I also have a second AAE that I would consider selling. So, if you choose to go that way, just pm me when you have made up your mind.

I'm looking for a Hoyt specific mount. If you have one, please send me a message!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Prophecy is new on the scene. Full containment and cable driven, correct?
Yes it is. I am not trying to change this thread about that. Of the limb driven hamskea has my vote. The Prophecy is like a QAD but I think better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts