Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I am new here to the forum and also new to archery hunting. Got a taste for it last year and fell in love. I could use all the help I can get. Live in Northern California and I am piecing together a bow for myself. Looking at a PSE Surge and from what I have read, its a good Bow for a new hunter like myself. Any tips and advice would be appreciated. Thanks for having me.

Robert

Registered
Welcome

I shoot a PSE Surge, it is 70# Skullworks, and it is a fantastic first bow for the money, and it draws smooth and is easy to get use to, the only
issue is if it is new, you really need to replace the string and cable as soon as you can, even if ya use a tube site it will not quit rotating...
I replaced mine at 2 months with Vapor Trail and there even more strings on AT for sure, you will LOVE the bow then, for a mainline single
cam bow its price is fantastic....

PSE 70# SW

Registered
My pleasure just let me know what ya end up with....
If ya end up with a surge I can probably help ya out if ya have questions about it.

PSE Surge 70# SW

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I most likely will get the Surge. Gonna piece it together instead of buying package. Advice on sight, stabilizer, etc? Also, I have no idea how to restring a bow? How much does that run to have someone do it? Thanks

Registered
A good set of strings and cable will run around 100 bucks but, worth the investment, the factory string and cable will work a bit, but peep rotation will drive ya
nuts and that will stop with new string that is pre stretched. As for the rest and sight it is truly user preference. My upgrade soon will be either a FastEddie XL sight or a Spothogg Father site,
Stabalizers like Bee Stinger, Doinker, they are good ! Remember when ya have new strings it has to be pressed so you will have to leave the bow at shop for
them to replace. The draw weight and Draw length can be done with out pressing the bow. I like Limb Driver pro V, however a lot of guys use Quad HDX rest.

Also The Stab does not need to be 30-36 inches long, most are for vibration no for holding steady, so shoot the bow awhile before you get a stab then you
will not waste money on something ya do not need.. I shoot 3d and range, I do not hunt with my bow and a hunting rig will usually have 12" or less up front.

Registered
Welcome to the forum from Arizona.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts