Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you recommend the Parker Sidekick XP for an adult? I noticed they talk about it being mostly for the youth and teenage girls. I can't pull back much right now...need to stay around 30lbs until I build up.

Can anyone suggest a good "women's bow" that can go as low as 30lbs?

OH and my hubby's pic is on our profile...need to put one of us both...LOL.

· Registered
30,683 Posts
A lot of women use youth models, as they really don't make many "women's bows". Do you know your draw length? That will have an impact on what bows will or will not work for you.

You shoul dbe able to turn any 40# bow down to about 30#. Then you can crank it up as you build some sterngth.

· Registered
641 Posts
The Parker Side-kick should be fine. I just bought the pink camo model for my daughter for her birthday. The Side-Kick has the "Grow Up With Parker Program". They have 3 sets of limbs:20-30,30-40, and 40-50lb limbs available. If you were to start with lower poundage limbs, when you outgrow the poundage your Parker dealer will upgrade to the next set of limbs for $50.The bow also has something like 10 inches of draw length adjustment with the use of a bow press. Parker makes a real good bow. You may also want to check out the Mission Menace. Hope this helps.

· Registered
127 Posts
I have the sidekick, I'd say that it would be fine for you, I have the 40-50lb and I'm currently drawing 45lbs, it's not quite as smooth of draw as some of the nicer bows, but for the price it's a very nice bow.

· Registered
480 Posts
I have the sidekick also and love it.. dl is 27.5 and im pulling around 47#. So if you're looking for something around 30 it will be fine. Plus its hard to beat for the money. You can find one completely set up at a lot of places for right around $300

· Registered
244 Posts
Parker Buckshot`

I started with a Parker Buckshot and moved up to a Diamond Liberty about two months later. It's a 30 - 40 lb. bow, can draw from 18" to 28". My Buckshot is for sale if you are interested. $200 tyd or will trade.

Amy

· Registered
568 Posts
Welcome to AT! I have a Martin Leopard. I also could not draw back much to begin with. My 40# leopard will go down to 25#.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.