Archery Talk Forum banner

New here- recurve string and arrow questions...

448 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Sanford
Hey all,
I'm pretty new to archery. My Dad has an old recurve that he used to use in some sort of competitions. He's offered to let me use it, so I'm selling off my compound and going this route.

The bow itself has a nice lacquer-type finish. I only remember it is 45# at 28". My draw on a compound is 29-30". I've read that my draw will likely be an inch shorter on a recurve and that drawing 29" will not be a problem, but will add a little weight.

Here are my questions:

1. Where should I look for a replacement string for the bow? The current one is very old. What specifications/measurements do I need to know to get the right one?

2. I have a set of brand new 2117's that I set up for a compound bow. They are cut at 30" and have the little Blazer vanes on them. Would these work on a recurve if I'm drawing to around 29"? I'm guessing they might work, but maybe I'll need to test them out to see for sure.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.