Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While shooting 3d I had a guy ask about my hip quiver I made about 10 yrs ago. Its a super simple idea and I have used it from 3d to antelope out west. He said he was looking for something like it and was impressed so I made him one.

I was always tired of messing around with belts taking it on and off while hunting out west, getting in and out of the truck while moving to and from hunting areas.

So now I just get out of my truck take the quiver off my bow and clip it on my hip and go shoot or hunt.

With out going into alot of detail because I know somebody will have the ability to make them cheaper and faster, I make these by hand, and don't have the resources to mass produce them.

I am looking for a few people who like to hunt with hip quivers or who like something simple for 3d, guys who don't need a place for water bottles and 6 releases and half a tackle box hanging on your side. And no I'm not making fun of people who use these quivers. Just looking for a few who like to keep it simple. I would like some serious feed back if I would send them one.

I will make a few and send them to you just for feedback and what you think about the idea and your word that you are not intrested in taking the idea. Just need to protect my investment.

Anyone interested????

Post up and I will pick 3-5 people who are serious about this and not just wanting something for free.

For anybody interested I guessing I could make these for $10 shipped, was just wondering if there was enough intrest to try and make some

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I would be interested. could you send me a pic I'm trying to visualize it and it's not working and I'm not interested in stealing your idea I just like trying different things. Personally I have never figured out people carrying 20-30 arrows at a 3D shoot. If you need that many, you have more to worry about
than hitting foam.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I'd give it a go...

Our 3D league is approaching and normally I just stuff a water bottle in my back pocket grab some arrows and go. So yes, you have my interest.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've been looking for something somewhat simplistic in design and user friendly and to date haven't really found anything. It seems that everything I've found has been "over engineered" with too many useless whistles and bells.

I'd be very interested in field testing your quiver. Thank you for the offer!

PM sent

·
Registered
71 Posts
Would love to use one. Have been looking for a good useable hip quiver for a while ( dont like shooting with a bow mounted quiver) Maybe got used to shooting with out one at so many 3-d tournaments over years lol .

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am DEFINITELY INTERESTED!!! I was looking for just such an item... I love simplicity. I am bear hunting this spring in Montana, and I would love to try your product. p.s.----I am also a resident of the great state of OHIO. Whereabouts are you? Shipping should be no real big deal. PM me if you can help me out!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Quiver

I am all about simplicity when bow hunting and finding a simple reliable quiver has been a drawback. I also shoot 3/d here in MI. I would be willing to test your Idea and give you a honest feedback.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I would try it out. I like cheap and simple. I use a Kwikee and take it off and hang it in the tree. I only shoot 3D a few times a year, but shoot a lot in the yard. Right now I use a $4 Wally World special. I'd upgrade for $10, though.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will make a few up and pm who ever I pick and get some phone numbers and e-mails and show you some pics to see if its something you would be interested in.

I'm not really interested in making a ton of money I am just more interested in getting feed back on an idea I had.

I've seen guys with simple ideas here on AT that seem to take off and end up being another full time job. Not sure if I have the time and resources for that.

I'm sure that everybody has come up with an idea they thought was the greatest thing in the world and I'm no different, I have read where people are always looking for a good hip quiver so I thought I would throw my idea out there.

I know everybody is racking their brains over this, and when you see it you are going to say why didn't I think of this. Wish I could tell you more but I'll keep everyone guessing and wondering.

Thanks for the pm's and posts. keep em coming.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I catch hell from most of the guys Ihunt with, because I still use a hip quiver. To me they are just easier to access for another arrow, either walking or in the tree stand. I don't have to worry about my arrows sticking below my bow and hitting something, I also don't like the extra vibration they will give during the shot. JMO I've still got and using my first and only hip quiver from back in 1992, if a new will cost me $10.00 and I don't have the time to start making them, so me taking your idea is out of the question. I barely have the time to do Boy Scout with my son, work, go to school full time and enjoy my hobbies, "Archery" and "Hunting".

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK guys, been thinking about this all day Sat. and figured I would just go ahead and post my idea.

I feel I was misleading you and that was never my intention. I'm thinking if you like the idea can make them yourself and save some money great. I've learned alot from AT and maybe this will help some people.

I have never posted pics before so if some one would want to help me out shoot me an e-mail and I will send the pics so you could post them.

I'm going to a shoot this morning and will post up this afternoon.

Thanks guys...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts